Prologue

"Shink, shink, shink..." the sound of a sword being sharpened filled the small room. It was a room of preparation for the knights participating in the tournament. You were absolutely positive you were going to win; there was no such thing as failure. You hoped five would be the lucky number. Surely three wasn't, from your experience. There wasn't much for you to do before your match started. There weren't many matches- after all, it was for the most skilled of knights to participate. You held your two swords and put them in their sheaths, right by your hip on both sides. They were your lifeline, today, tomorrow, and the future, whatever it may bring.

Every second of the future will become a part of the past, eventually, until you would eventually perish. Everyone had a time, and not even Diche could change that. However, she could bend the rules just a little. You wondered why you hadn't been given a title. Ras had, why shouldn't you? Perhaps that was better; perhaps you didn't need to have a oh-so-holy name; you could stay true to yourself and your values. You wouldn't need to become someone else to fit a title. You smiled at that. You were going to win this with your own power, your own sword, your own will.

"(Y/N), it's your turn," you heard another knight by the name of Alexa call you. You returned the call, "I'm ready." The serious face you always wore showed brilliantly, exuding bravery and power. With all you had been through, this was a cake in the park- and you were glad to be there.

Your first match was against an honorable knight named Rikoris; he had come from Reingar to participate in this tournament and you were absolutely honored. He was quite famous from Reingar, as a responsible part of their security club. He was quite impressive, you had to admit. However, it's not like you could lose to someone like him. The tears and blood you had shed, worth the oceans of many worlds, made you stronger than anyone. Your fight with him was enjoyable; it reminded you of your brother's spear style. You were naive back then, in the third world. You were still quite weak, especially for an heir, at that time. Reminded of those happy times, your tense demeanor lessened a bit. You praised him for his skill while you smiled at your victory, a small smile.

It wasn't long until you had your next match. It was against Alexa, one of Iseria's most trusted knights. You couldn't bring yourself to trust her though; you could tell with the look of her eyes that she wasn't the honorable knight everyone thought she was. Regardless, whether it was someone else or not that you had to face, you were going to beat them and win the contest. This would give you more authority, which would help you in your goal. This was already the 7th world- and you knew Diche wouldn't have much power left. You needed to end it here and now, or else it would get more and more difficult. You faced Alexa with the same face you always had. Her quick double blades struggled to match yours, and you won in record time. Alexa held her breath at the blade pointed at her neck, and she sighed at her loss. You put the blade back in its sheath, and praised her for her effort- something you did at the Order of the Sword.

Your last match was against Iseria- the finals. There weren't many contestants in the first place. You knew she was an heir of this world, and you were excited to see just how an heir of the 7th world would fare against you. You considered yourself a seasoned warrior- as you should be. You didn't like thinking about your age- that was too complicated; your physical age, or spiritual age? Having lived since the third world has given you many scars and many experiences, something no one else but perhaps Ras could have. However, Ras was inefficient in how he attempted to defeat the archdemon; therefore, you were going to do it yourself. The first step was gathering the heirs, and starting with the knights and one heir would be a fantastic start. You readied your twin swords, and when the match officially started, you lunged towards her. You didn't hope to bring out her guardian, just a match to see how she would do normally. Her swords came at you from multiple angles- impressive. You blocked the attacks from all sides and continued advancing, eventually getting the tip of your blade near her neck. It was really quite a simple strategy to beat her, but one would not be able to even get near her if they could not run and block the swords from all directions at a time. This was sufficient, you decided.

There was a trophy for winning the tournament and you accepted it gracefully, giving everyone a small smile. You probably would've been happier if you had won this tournament back in the third world. It was your dream to become a respected knight of the Order of the Sword, just like your father and your grandfather and the rest of your ancestors. When you became an heir, you were absolutely exhilarated. This gave you a guardian to help protect Orbis. When you failed, you were absolutely distraught, and you begged Diche to send you to the next world. She did, time and time again. Each time you failed, your resolve only became stronger, more desperate to end this war once and for all. Along with that, though, your emotions as well. With the hardship came the pain, and it clogged the color from your world. You didn't mind though- anything to stop this war. 

A/N: HIIIIII I'M BACK TO WRITING I have so much planned for this series and I'm so so so excited :D I do take oneshot and headcanon requests over at my tumblr over at lilikags

A/N: HIIIIII I'M BACK TO WRITING I have so much planned for this series and I'm so so so excited :D I do take oneshot and headcanon requests over at my tumblr over at lilikags.tumblr.com, if you would like to request anything, I even have some Pavel stuff over there as well. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this! I sort of have a schedule for this- kind of. I work on a chapter of this, then I work on a Haikyuu!! oneshot. I still do make time for requests so feel free to request anything! <3