Last month, the boys had finally gotten everything right. After some practice and repetition, James and Sirius had finally gotten their transformation complete, reliable, and seamless. James turned into the stag they called Prongs, and Sirius into a large black dog, Padfoot.

Peter, on the other hand, still needed more practice.

After a few seconds, Peter started to shrink, turning into the rat the boys had dubbed 'wormtail'.

A few more times, and James could tell Peter was much more confident.

"So, I think we're ready. You two agree?" james asked. The 3 agreed they wouldn't tell Remus until they were confident they could go out with him on a full moon.

(AN: i know it's unlikely that they might not be able to keep this a secret from remus for 3 years, but....)

"Hell ya, i'm ready!" Sirius answered

Peter was a little more hesitant, but eventually agreed

"I am too, i'm sure"

About an hour later, Remus came back from the library

Remus' POV

The second he came into the room, Remus could tell him friends where up to something.

"Alright, what is it this time? Another rig atop the slytherin common room door?"

"No, no, not another silly prank" James answered. "But we do have a surprise. We've been working on it for quite awhile"

"It better not be dangerous, illegal, or anyother kind of stupid"

Sirius' reply was extremely concerning

"Well...."

Remus took a deep breath

"What did you do?"

"It's a good thing! We wanted to help with your full moons" James said, defending himself and the other 2

This just left Remus confused

"What? How could you help me?"

"We thought it would be good for the wolf to have some company" James continued

"I already told you years ago, any 'company' would be hurt or worse!"

"Well, we know that werewolves don't hurt other animals, so.."

"So what? You found a pet that wouldn't run away at the first howl?"

"In a way" Sirius said, taking over. "We are the pets!"

"What?" remus was back to being confused

"Moony," Sirius continued, using the silly, private nickname the 3 other boys used "meet wormtail, prongs, and padfoot"

And before his eyes, Remus saw his 3 friends change. Peter was shrinking, James was growing antlers, and Sirius was covered in fur. Before he knew it, Remus was looking at a rat, a stag, and a large black dog. His friends where...

"Animagus. You guys are Animaji!" he said, barely believing his eyes.

In another few seconds, his friends where there again

"Yep! We've been working on it for years" James explained. "This way we can be with Moony on full moons!"

Remus was speechless. Eventually, it was Peter who broke the silence

"We all thought it was a good idea. finally got it perfect tonight, and we wanted to tell you." Peter said, sounding a bit nervous.

"You could get in so much trouble. No one knows, right?" Remus asked

"Of course not! And we'll register a year or two after graduation." James answered

"So starting next week, the werewolf will have 3 friends to play with!" Sirius said, mentioning again the whole reason behind this.

"You are sure that I wont attack you?"

"We found many  sources that said werewolves don't attack animals." James answered

"And no one would see you?"

"Not with the invisibility cloak"

"I can't stop you anyway, can I?"

"You know us, right?"

Remus took a deep breath and prayed he wasn't making a mistake

"Alright then...you can come"

AN: I hope you all enjoyed this one! if anyone has any requests, feel free to put something as a comment.