Match Made In Heaven?

Start from the beginning

****

"You are worthy of all respect, Oh Great Tara." Zain grinned, leaning in the doorway.

I was standing in my bedroom, about to head for the parlour to get ready for our Valima. I smiled, looking at my him over my shoulder.

"That was impressive." He continued, walking over to me. He had now changed into jeans and a blue t-shirt. 

"I can't stand seeing someone being mistreated." I admitted. "I feel so angry." I sighed. "Anyway, I'm heading out. Make sure you look good enough to match this beauty." I gestured towards myself with a wink, and walked out. I heard him laugh as I left the room.

"Tara, beta. One second." Arzoo Aunty came out of her room and stopped me in the hallway.

"Yes, Aunty?" I asked.

"Beta, I stood up for you because you're right." She said. "But it doesn't look good to embarrass someone who's much older than us, in front of everyone. I know her words were wrong, but next time let me deal with it, okay? If it was just us ladies, it wouldn't be so bad, but your father-in-law, brother-in-law and Zain were present as well, and that's wrong." 

I nodded. "I'm sorry for not considering that, Aunty. I had no intention of humiliating her." 

"I know. I can understand. But, be careful, okay?" She said. "Unfair or not, a girl has to be extra careful about her behaviour when she's married." She put a hand on my cheek. "But, overall, I like your thinking. I liked how you stood up for your jethani. I'm a firm believer in family unity. But sometimes, we just have to balance it out a little and consider both sides to our actions." 

"Okay, Aunty." 

"Go. Lamisa and Zain's cousins are waiting to go to the parlour with you." She smiled at me.

I nodded again. "Allah Hafiz, Aunty."

"Allah Hafiz, Tara."

With that, I headed downstairs, and the girls and I left for the parlour.

****

I wore the lehenga that was given to me by my in-laws. It was pale olive green with silver and pink floral embroidery all over the lehenga itself, while the blouse had silver patterns across it with a beautiful neckline. I loved the dupatta the best, net with silver beads dotted over it, by the showstopper was the border, which was white with silver beads across it. I was given a simple diamond set to wear along with it, and I wore the kangan that Zain had gifted me. 

Lamisa Bhabi and Arzoo Aunty drove along with me to the wedding venue, where Zain was waiting with Talha Bhai and Iftikhar Uncle

Lamisa Bhabi and Arzoo Aunty drove along with me to the wedding venue, where Zain was waiting with Talha Bhai and Iftikhar Uncle. As I got out of the car, my gaze met Zain's, and for a second our eyes locked. I mean, it's not uncommon to be mesmerised by a good looking person, and damn, Zain was a handsome man, Ma Sha Allah. And he looked breathtakingly hot in that cream sherwani, which my parents had gifted him for the Valima.