Chapter Four

Kai and Kenzo had worked on meditation for 30 minutes, and Kai was starting to get the hang of it. Really, what he did was focus on Jinora while in a meditating position and he would get so lost in thought that he would actually meditate. 

Finally, after another 30 minutes, meaning that Kai had meditated for an hour, Kenzo opened his eyes and tapped on Kai's shoulder lightly.

"I think you are now comfortable with meditating. I think that will be all for today. Every day, meet me here an hour after dinner when you aren't scouting the area."

Kai nodded.

"I think you should meet up with your team now. You will need to prepare as much as possible. Information has been sent to your friend, Mako about everything we know."

Kai stood up and bowed respectfully. "Thank you so much, Sifu Kenzo."

Kenzo chuckled lightly at his title. "Run along now. There is much for you to do."

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kai set out to find Otana. Wandering around the Air Temple, he found another Air Acolyte. 

"Excuse me? Do you know where Otana is?" he asked the male acolyte. 

The man looked down. "Oh ho! It's you! One of the newcomers! Unfortunately, I don't know where Otana is. But you can look for Kenzo. He's usually near the entrance area meditating during this time."

Kai thanked him and decided to head back to Kenzo. 

He was meditating peacefully. Kai knew better than to interrupt airbenders when meditating, but he decided to anyway.

"Er... Sifu Kenzo?" he asked hesitantly.

Kenzo opened one eye. "Kai!" he said opening the other eye. "What brings you back here so fast? Shouldn't you be planning with Opal and Mako?"

"Uh, that's what I was going to ask you about. Where are they?"

"I don't know where they are. Perhaps you can ask Otana?"

"I don't know where she is either..." Kai said.

"Oh. In that case-"

"Kai!" a voice from behind them exclaimed. It was Opal. "Oh. Oops. Sorry for interrupting. Mako and I have been searching for you."

"I have been too," Kai said.

"Great. Um... when should we start with the planning?"

Kai glanced back at Kenzo, who was already back to meditating.

"Now is fine."

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Great," Mako said sarcastically, reading the information given to them from the Air Acolytes. "There's literally nothing here that we don't know about."

Opal groaned. "We can't plan if we don't know what we're getting into," she said, frustrated. 

"I mean..." Kai started. Opal and Mako looked at him. "Maybe we could set up a trap? Kenzo said that no one came back alive, meaning that they capture everyone who steps out. Maybe we could set up a dummy for them to get and capture a few of the Equalists."

"And do what with them?" Opal asked. "Interrogate them?"

"Er... yeah? What's wrong with that idea?"

"It's not exactly hard for people to tell the difference between a dummy and an actual person," Mako said matter-of-factly.

"I don't see you coming up with ideas," Kai said, getting defensive.

"Fine. Then maybe we go out and scout the area without setting up traps. More than likely, they'll try and capture us. When that happens, I'm sure we can take them on."

Kai and Opal were hesitant about this idea, but they decided to try it.

"Fine," Kai said. "But don't complain if we get captured. I still think my idea is better."

"Of course you do," Mako replied.

"Boys, boys. Let's focus on the task at hand, shall we?"

A/N This was kind of a filler chapter just to get the story to continue to move forward, so the writing isn't as good. Good news though: Kai is getting better at meditating!