Thanos vs Humanity Part 2: Reunions

Start from the beginning

      Just then out of nowhere, a spaceship hovered over the house and sent a huge blast that caused the house to explode. I was knocked against a wall and thankfully wasn't knocked out. There was fire all around us, and I got scared. Where was everyone?! "Bucky! Steve! Guys?! Where are you?!" I called desperately. I made my way through the rubble and debris. "Somebody help me!" Scott called. I ran to him and found him pressed under debris just moments from drowning. "I got you, Scott!" I used all of my strength to move the fallen piece of wall up so Scott could get out. "Rhodey, you there?" I said into my ear piece. "I can't breathe!" he screamed in terror. "We gotta help Rhodey!" I told Scott. We immediately started to look for Rhodey, and thankfully we helped him just in time before he could suffocate. "Bucky!" I called frantically. We had just been reunited moments before and I wasn't going to lose him again. "I'm here, Sadie!" he consoled. He had freed himself from a pile of rubble. "What happened? Where's everyone else?" I ran to him and he wrapped his arms around me in a hug. "Steve, Tony, and Thor found Thanos. He ambushed us, and Clint somehow made his way underground. I don't know where the talking raccoon went-" "Don't call me a raccoon!" Rocket yelled. He had gotten out of the water that was spilling everywhere. Rocket raised an eyebrow and smiled, "I'll still get that arm." "Why do you want his arm?" I interrogated the raccoon. "Just because," he shrugged. "Well, go find a different one." I waved him off, but we still stuck together and snuck out into the destroyed path to find Thor, Steve, and Tony looking at the evil Titan Thanos just sitting on a rock seemingly waiting for something.  What was he waiting for?

  We stayed covered so we wouldn't be spotted. The three men were preparing to attack, Thor's eyes began to glow blue and was surrounded by lightning. He held Storm-breaker and instantly put on Asgardian armor. Tony put on his Iron Man suit, and Steve was dressed in his Captain America uniform. I couldn't really hear what was going on in the conversation with Thanos, but what he said still gives me the chills to this day. "I will shred this universe down to its last atom, and then with the stones you've collected for me, create a new one. It is not what is lost, but only what it's given... A grateful universe." "WHAT COULD WE POSSIBLY BE GRATEFUL FOR YOU TYRANT?!!!" I screamed in fury. I didn't care that I had just been caught. "Order, and balance little one." the Titan sneered. Bucky and Rocket came and stood by me. Bucky was holding my hand, "What exactly are you doing for people besides making it convenient for yourself?" I said reaching for my gun that was hanging by my side. The final battle for the world was about to begin...

Battle for the Fallen

Sadie and her friends were ready to fight Thanos once and for all. Steve hurled his shield at the Titan to distract him while Tony was flying around him firing blasts. Thor with thunder and lightning all around him threw Mjolnir. Bucky, Rocket, and Sadie drew their weapons and began firing at Thanos. The evil Titan was making his way towards them preparing to strike with his weapon but Thor blocked his way. Thanos knocked Thor into the ground and proceeded to stab him in the chest with his axe. Mjolnir started to move on the ground, and the friends didn't think anything of it, but they were astonished to see that Steve was worthy to wield Mjolnir as it came flying towards him and he caught it!!!

 Mjolnir started to move on the ground, and the friends didn't think anything of it, but they were astonished to see that Steve was worthy to wield Mjolnir as it came flying towards him and he caught it!!!

           "I knew it!" Thor exclaimed. "Yeah Steve!" Bucky cheered for his friend.  Captain America was able to defend himself with Mjolnir. The battle was getting more tense and hostile. The heroes fought with all their might to defeat Thanos, but things started to take a turn for the worse. "In all my years of conquest , violence, slaughter. It was never personal, But I'll tell you now- what I'm about to do to your stubborn, annoying planet- I'm gonna enjoy it- Very, very much." Thanos summoned his terrifying army of Chitauri, the Black Order, and other creatures. Steve was ready to fight when suddenly a portal began to open, and the fallen people walked through: T'Challa, Shuri, and their mother were the first three people. Sam Wilson flew through the portal with his Falcon wings with Doctor Stephen Strange floating behind him, the slaughtered Guardians of the Galaxy flew from the portal and Spider-Man swung from his webs much to Tony's delight. Soon all of the Avengers and heroes were reunited. Scott emerged from the destroyed facility as Giant-Man! The friends were ready for battle. "Avengers, assemble!" Steve ordered determined. The two sides began to charge!

   Like five years earlier, Bucky and Sadie stuck together as a team as the best shooters on the team. The couple stood back to back shooting at approaching creatures protecting themselves and their fellow comrades. The two made it a priority to stick together the entire battle this time. "We make a pretty great team." Bucky told Sadie as he shot a Chitauri in the head. She smiled while shooting at a group of Chitauri advancing  them, "I couldn't agree more." she flirted. She saw an alien scampering towards Bucky and he was unaware of it. "Give me your hand," she warned. Confused, Bucky did so and she spun around to shoot the alien multiple times until it was reduced to nothing. He gazed at Sadie smitten, "I love you." "I love you." she blew a kiss towards him.

   Suddenly the cannons from Thanos's ship started shooting upwards, and a flash came down upon Thanos. It was a woman dressed in a red, blue, and gold uniform with short cropped hair. The woman was Carol Danvers. She flew across the battlefield with the Gauntlet to get it away from Thanos. Just then, Tony made an attack on Thanos to get the Gauntlet, but he punched him away. "I am-inevitable." he raised his hand to snap his fingers to destroy the world once more. Luckily the Gauntlet didn't work, but somehow the Stones had gotten onto Tony's hand with his nanotechnology. Tony Stark took one last look at the Titan and his hand was surging with power, "And I am-Iron Man." he snapped his fingers.

One by one, the opposing side began to turn into dust just like our heroes before, but only this time the heroes stayed alive and unharmed. Everyone's worries eased as Thanos turned into dust; reduced into nothing.

   Sadie's POV

   We won. We had defeated the most feared alien in the whole galaxy. However, our victory turned into sadness when we saw Tony laying against a piece of debris with half his body burnt and bruised. My heart sank at the sight of him; he was struggling to breathe. I ran to his side, and attempted to dress his wounds despite my being a psychologist instead of a surgeon. "We won Mr. Stark." Peter Parker told him with tears in his eyes. He was heartbroken that his mentor was about to die at any moment. "Tony, there's still time to get you healed. We can still heal you-" I bargained rapidly. Tony raised a weak hand to stop me, "There's...no...time..."  "No," I quietly cried. Bucky held me close while I cried in his arms. Pepper sat at his side and smiled sadly at her husband. "Hey." she stroked his hair. "Hey Pep." he weakly turned his head towards her. "You can rest now. We'll be okay." she kissed him on the forehead as his arc reactor faded to black. Anthony Edward Stark was dead...

We knelt down on the ground in honor of our friend who risked his life for a better world for his friends and his daughter.