Thanos vs Humanity Part 2: Reunions

The Gauntlet was finished, and that was the important turning point in this whole thing. The dangerous weapon that wiped out half the world was now our hope to bring back that lost half.

     Rocket, Thor, Tony, Clint, Bruce, Steve, Scott, Rhodey and I all stared at the weapon in awe. Like it was a creature from a different world, but nothing really surprised us anymore. "So, who's gonna snap their fingers?" I asked after a long period of awkward silence. "I will," Thor said stepping forward. "What?" Scott asked surprised. "It's space magic, I can handle it," the god of thunder slightly boasted. "Wait Thor, we haven't decided who'a gonna put that on yet." Steve advised. "Are we just gonna sit here waiting for the right opportunity? What do you think is coursing through my veins right now?" Thor asked seriously. "Cheese whiz?" Rhodey asked. I stifled a giggle at the obvious jab at Thor. "Lightning." Thor glared.

      "I'll do it," Tony volunteered. "You saw what those stones did to Thanos, they almost killed him. None of you could survive." Bruce told us. "How do we know you will?" Steve inquired. "You don't. But the radiation's mostly gamma. It's like I was made for this." Bruce insisted. His bravery was admirable. "Are you sure about this?" asked Tony. "I have never been more sure in my life." Bruce put the new Infinity Gauntlet on his hand, and it instantly started glowing and the light emulating from it started climbing up his arm. The surge of power caused Bruce to scream in pain and it took him every ounce of his being and he finally snapped his fingers. A loud ring like before sounded what felt like throughout the world. "Did it work?" Scott asked longingly. I was keeping my fingers crossed that I would see Bucky come through those doors. "Come on," I whispered under my breath.

Birds began singing and suddenly, Clint's phone began to ring and it was his wife Laura. "Guys, I think it worked!" Scott said excitedly. Clint  quickly answered the phone and got emotional, "Hey honey." I had never seen him so happy since the Snap.

      Suddenly, my cellphone started to ring, and when I read the screen it was Bucky! "Hey babe," I said happily, my voice broke because I was about to cry. "Hey beautiful." Bucky answered emotional as well. "I missed you so much." I was surprisingly clear in my speech despite how hard I was crying. "I missed you too, I have been looking for you since the Snap. Dr. Strange had been trying to bring us back for the past couple of hours." he sighed. "Has it really been five years for you?" "Yes, five painful years." I was still crying. "It's been so lonely without you, and it was hard making it through the days. Everything was so bleak and dark with so many people gone." the emotions were pouring out of me once again. "Sadie, I'm here. Turn around love." the love of my life soothed. I did so, and there before me was James Buchanan Barnes. He was wearing the same battle suit from the Infinity War five years earlier. His blue eyes were smiling at me along with him, his long dark hair seemed to shine and his smile peered from his beard. "Hello Sadie," he greeted stepping towards me. "Hello Bucky!" I ran towards him and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me. Kissing him for the first time in five years felt so good and like all the sadness faded away. It wasn't a dream, he was one hundred percent real. We stopped kissing and looked at each other. I smiled blissfully, "Welcome home." "It feels good to be back." he smiled and kissed me once more.

Bucky and I had forgotten that the rest of the group was there. Steve smiled kindly at us, "Welcome back, Buck." he walked up to Bucky and hugged him. "Good to see ya, punk." Bucky hugged him back. "Good to see ya, jerk." Steve patted his friend on the back.  Bucky had just realized that Tony was watching, and looked down awkwardly. He obviously hadn't forgotten about Bucky killing his parents back in 1991. Suddenly there was a spark of courage in his eyes and he walked up to Tony, but he was still holding my hand.  "Tony, I know this is thirty years too late, but I am so sorry for the pain I've caused you. I know I was under the influence of HYDRA, but that doesn't excuse my actions. I am so sorry, I hope you'll be able to forgive me." his hand was slightly shaking in mine. Tony looked at me and Bucky with thoughtfulness, and it was obvious that he was still angry about the tragic event that happened to his parents. "As angry as I still am, I need to move on not only for my parents sake, but for mine. You're forgiven, soldier." he awkwardly smiled and shook his hand. "Thank you." Bucky answered relieved.