HERMIONE GRANGER

Though the students had been preparing for the war for months, it came as a surprise

Though the students had been preparing for the war for months, it came as a surprise. She still remembered your fleeting glance as you rushed to help the younger years escape the fight, yelling to meet at the main gates. As the war ended and an end was put to Voldemort, Hermione immediately rushed around the castle trying to find you. Corridor through corridor she searched when you didn't meet her where you said you would. The inevitable was dawning on her, but she didn't want to believe it as she stumbled into the great hall, where staff and students were working hard trying to save some... and grieving over others. When she saw the family of redheads in the corner, her heart stopped. They were sobbing, surrounding something- or rather... someone. Hermione swallowed the lump in her throat, walking over as her heart was racing. Her worst fear came true as she leaned over Molly, seeing your cold body. Eyes closed, skin pale, and cuts all over your body. Cursed to death. She collapsed as her heart stopped, falling into Ron who tried to comfort her, but he was broken over losing his twin sister. Hermione didn't know how to deal with it. She was supposed to meet you at the gates. She was supposed to hug the life out of you and thank the gods you were okay. You were supposed to grief over your fallen friends, and take comfort in each other on the hard days. She was supposed to confess her love to you, and go to college with you, and move in with you. She had so many plans but they were cut short just like that.

•••

[REQUESTED]

i had fun with this >:3