Chapter Ⅺ: Death

Start from the beginning

Each one of them had a path in the stars, every action had a consequence.

Sometimes we do bad things to achieve what we believe is a good goal.

Sometimes good people have to die in order for that path to be taken.

We often surprise ourselves with what we will do.

...

Nothing was right- she opened her mouth to scream, but no sound escaped her, the Voltaris' inside's felt as if they were burning slowly. She tried to breathe but couldn't manage to inhale any air.

Her throat felt as if a fire burned inside, slowly destroying her from the inside.

Tygren pulled the hot metal rod out of her throat, she could taste blood, her breathing quickened, her blind eyes were wide with fear and panic, her whole body trembled. Amaya's lungs burned with each breath; she wanted to curl up into a ball and just stay that way.

A low chuckle reached Amaya's ears. "Hurts, doesn't it?" she could imagine the smirk on Tygren's face as he talked to her.

She wanted to respond, but she didn't trust her words to not turn into cries of anguish.

"Silent, are we?" Tygren took that same rod, smashing it to Amaya's head, sending the female Voltaris sliding across the blood-soaked floor. She reached her hands up to her head, curling up into a ball. She let out a pained cry. Her hands were sticky with her own blood. Tygren's footsteps approached her. Panic rose in Amaya's chest, "No, no, no, no please stars help me!" tears fell from Amaya's face. She could feel herself falling into darkness.

"Elyon, wait up!" Amaya ran after the male Voltaris, a laugh rising in her throat. They both tripped, falling into the soft snow below laughing and blushing.

Amaya lay on her side gazing at her mate, his markings were blood-red curling across his body. They reminded Amaya of the old carvings of wind she would find on cave walls and stones.

Elyon brushed Amaya's hair out of her face, smiling at her, "why did we come out here?" he asked, his voice calm and soft.

Amaya blushed. "Well," she paused, looking into her mate's calm eyes, "im expecting," she smiled,

"Really?" his face lit up.

Amaya nodded laughing as Elyon tackled her into a hug "I'm going to be a father!" his eyes were bright. The female Voltaris laughed at his excitement. "Have you gone to the healer-?"

"Yes, she's guessing the little one will be born sometime in the summer," Amaya moved so her stomach was in view, no signs of her being pregnant had started to show yet, Elyon rested his hand there smiling "hey little one," he whispered.

Amaya slowly opened her eyes, her head throbbed in pain. She didn't bother trying to get up.

She Inhaled sharply the Voltaris touched her head where the rod had hit. the area was sticky with blood, she closed her eyes, she felt more numb than anything, she wanted to just scream but there would most likely be punishment for that.

Footsteps echoed down the hallway, Amaya curled tighter into a ball, her breathing hitching.

"How do you feel," it was Ingressus.

There was, no doubt, more pain, and suffering to come.

Amaya did not respond, her hands trembled and her breathing was labored.

The rusty door opened; Amaya was sure it was about to crumble. The sound of an enchantment reached her ears.

"Since you were at one of the outposts you know where it is, and how defended it is," Ingressus paused. "If you tell me I'll walk away and you won't have any new injuries,"