4- Love

KATARA'S POV:

"Why?" I whispered. He looked deep into my eyes, I think he was searching my soul. He leaned in and pressed his lips against mine, enclosing me. 

I leaned into him and soon enough he was on top of me. "Aang...one week..." I muttered against his lips. We both broke off, panting heavily. 

"I'm sorry," he said. I shook my head. "I started it. That's all my fault. I'm-" 

Suddenly, 3 guards came in the room and grabbed Aang by his hands. He couldn't get a grip on them and they dragged him out. "AANG!" I exclaimed, running after them. 

I dashed after them, but they were quicker. I chased them out of the house and to the courtyard, where I was once trapped under ground. 

I saw the General, and instantly hid behind something. No, Kat. You know he wants to get Aang in the Avatar State. And you know you're the only thing that can do that. 

I walked out from behind it and walked right up to the General. "What do you want from him?" I asked. "Just a little glow, is that to much to ask?" he said. I punched him in the stomach and he didn't budge. 

"Kat, stay out of this! I'll glow, don't worry! Just leave her alone!" Aang screamed. "No! She's the only one who can make you glow, and I'll make sure we control it!" the General screamed, grabbing me by the back collar of my dress. 

"Let go of her!" Aang screamed, trying to get out of the guards' grip. "Glow first!" the General said. Suddenly, I heard footsteps and turned to my left. Sokka and Suki were running out, followed by Toph and Zuko. 

"LET HER GO!" Aang screamed. "GLOW FIRST!" Fong shouted. Aang started to glow before I could do anything. Fong let go of me and I bolted over to Aang, trying to grab his hand, but he was flying in the air. 

I made some water out of thin air and used it to boost myself up into the air, but before I knew it, some dust blocked out my water and I fell to the floor, headfirst. 

~~~~

I woke up without being able to open my eyes. I heard a few voices, though. 

"WHY, AANG?!" I heard Sokka scream. "Sokka, chill out. I'm even more worried than you are, right now, and I know we have to stay calm. It's a full moon, go pray to Yue or something," Aang replied. 

I heard Sokka huff and storm off. Then I heard a few creaks in the floor, and I felt the bed to my left sink down a little. I guess Aang sat down next to me. 

I felt his hand slowly move across my cheek, and I blushed a little, signaling I was awake. "Kat? Can you hear me?" I heard Aang say. 

I couldn't nod my head, so I moved my hand to his. He gave it to me, and on his palm, I wrote, 'YES,' so he knew I could. 

He suddenly leaped on me and hugged me, I wrapped my arms around him. I heard him cry, and felt the tears in my dress and neck. 

"Can you open your eyes?" he asked. I tried my best, and they slowly opened. It was a little blurry, so it took a while to adjust, but I realized that I was back in the bed, with Aang almost on top of me. 

"Aang?" I asked. I saw tears in his eyes as he nodded. "Yeah, Kat?" I held his hand. "What happened?" I asked. A tear strolled down his cheek and before I could wipe it away, it fell down his jaw. 

"You- you tried to get me out of the Avatar State, but the soldiers knocked away your water and you fell unconscious," he explained, sniffling and crying. He reached out and wiped at a tear on my face, and I blushed. 

"Please, don't worry about me. I'll be fine," he said. I nodded. "Let's just sleep tonight and leave here in the morning," I said. He nodded. 

Aang moved to my right, and I turned to face him. He hugged me tight, and I buried my face into the crook of his neck. He hugged me tight, his chin on my head. I blushed as we fell asleep like that. 

<<<<<<<< 732 words >>>>>>>>