𝟏𝟐: 𝐑𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫

Start from the beginning

"All right!" Tall Boy yelled out to everyone while clapping. "Let's do this!" He yelled once again.

Everyone begun cheering and clapping. I was leaning against the hood of Reggie's car which he peacefully let us borrow for this race. Beside me stood Sweet Pea being very protective since Malachai wasn't far away.

I looked over to Malachai and he sent a kiss my way with a smirk. I just rolled my eyes and smiled over at Sweet Pea, standing beside me.

"I really don't like this race." He said grabbing my waist.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and went up for a peck. "I love you, Sweets. Only you." I said before giving him another peck.

"Go on, race is about to start. I'll be over there with Toni and Fangs." He said twirling me towards the car. I giggled and had a quick glance at Malachai, he seemed filled with rage. Therefore to tease him I did a nice walk towards my brother.

"Adalynn, remember, don't ride the clutch, and don't let it slip between gear shifts." Betty tells me from in front of my brother.

"Got it." I said nodding and tapping my brother's shoulder. "Let's motor." I told him walking towards the drivers side.

"You're an enigma, Cooper." I hear my brother tell Betty before we both got to each side of the car.

"Let's do it." I hear Tall Boy yell out again.

All begin cheering once again. I look out to wear Sweet Pea and Toni stood by the bikes. They both cheered and clapped but Sweet Pea looked a little uneased. I sent him a smile and nodded which made him send me a smile back.

I then turned at Malachai walking towards his car. He sent me a wink and flirtaous smile. I just faked a smile and got inside of the car with my brother.

"Get these cars up on the road." Tall Boy says tapping the hood of both cars.

I started the car and took a deep breath. I drove the car up to the starting point and got out. I walked over to where Malachai stood. He extended his hand out and I rolled my eyes but shook it.

"Race over Herk Harvey Bridge to Dead Man's curve, first one back wins." I said letting go of his hand.

"Sure thing gorgeous." He said with a smirk.

I just rolled my eyes and walked back over to the car.

"Uh, I usually do the honors." I hear Toni tell Cheryl.

"Just let her be Toni." I tell her with a small smile and shaking my head.

She put up her hands in surrender and steps away.

"I was born for this moment." Cheryl says walking over to the front of the two cars.

I got back in the car and looked over at my brother. He sent me a nod and I sent it back with a smile.

"You got this Aurora." He tells me taking a hold of my hand.

I nod and placed both of my hands on the steering wheel. I begun revving the engine and looked over at Malachai. That smirk he had the whole day was finally off. He looked over at me and I could see nothing but a serious expression on his. Malachai out of all people knew my passion behind the wheel. Two years ago me and him would race with his collective cars and I'd always win, today wouldn't be a difference.