chapter twenty-five

childhood friends

I had a seemingly normal childhood. I wasn't bullied, I didn't have much problems besides my biological parents being missing to which i've decided to erase them from my life - and the attack. They say things happens for a reason, and I stuck by that. Look at me now, thriving independently, but there is always ups and down.

I learnt how to trust myself, and it got me this far. 

Once i open my eyes again, Kahira was nowhere to be found. I got up from the grass, the scent of blood filling up my nose. Blood, was everywhere. I've walked forward for a whole 5 minutes and all i could see was the red thick liquids. I hated the sight of it.

I called out for my sister for hours until the sun rose. My whole body aching and sticky from the red substance. I was beyond tired and my breath was ragged. There was no water nor food with me, but i continued walking straight forward. Eventually i made it up to the bottom of a mountain. There was a small stream running near the opening of the woods, and so without hesitation i scurried towards it. While feeding my thirst, a loud crack was heard from within the trees. I stopped abruptly and got up and was able to grab ahold of a stick nearby.

"Who's there?!" I shouted. 

"Stop it! You're blowing our cover now!" a voice scolded, while the other let out a shout after being hit.

"Get out! Demon, i'm not scared of you!" I continued to shout while holding the stick in front. I lied, I was absolutely terrified. How am I supposed to know that demons only come out at night?

"Demon? Who are you calling demon?" A boy finally showed himself. He had pretty long black hair, and wore a cloud patterned haori.

"Giyuu what are you doing? Don't just approach her like that! She has a stick!" The other boy came out and placed his hands on 'Giyuu'. This time, he had pink coloured hair, and was slightly taller than giyuu.

"So? We can fight her if she attacks!"

"Don't be ridiculous. You should never hit a girl!"

"What if she's a demon?"

"I doubt it. Besides demons can't stand the sun."

"What are you doing?" I asked the boys in front, putting my weapon away.

"Hiding from sensei," the pink muttered, "I'm Sabito by the way," he gave a smile. I couldn't help but smile back. 

"Why?"

"It's because...we don't want to train with him," he smiled sheepishly.

"Why do you need training?"

"To fight demons," giyuu replied before Sabito could, "What are you doing?"

"Drinking water," I muttered.