~INSIDE THE TOY BOX~

Wedge-head held back her remorse, of being thrown away twice that same day. She hadn't found her true kid yet, and it was tearing at her soul. She had heard from the kids who had dumped her in the 'boring toys' box that they wanted cooler toys, toys that were flashy and modern. Wedge-head was still unfamiliar with these beings, but she knew for sure she wasn't staying in the musty, dusty old toybox one second more. 

Just as she was about to go back home, by pressing the new label on the back of her foot, she heard someone sob. The smile froze on her face. Her face fell when she saw a perfect doll, her dress covered in dust, her face gaunter than any other perfect doll Wedge-head had seen.

She ran up to the doll,  who was sniffling, then said gently, "Would you like to come with me?". 

"Go where? there isn't anywhere else to go. Once you get your kid, you stick with them, no matter how cra-" y/n began angrily. 

"No no no!" Wedge-head said worriedly, "You can come back at any time, did you not know that?". y/n looked up, eyes as wide as saucers. "What? oh, they must have made it like that way after I left the institute of perfection. I don't have a label like yours, can I just tag along with you?"

"Sure! That's what I said! And also, its imperfection now" Wedge-head smiled. Y/n grinned, "I just can't wait to get out of here!".

"Also," Wedge-head began before pressing the label, "How come you aren't surprised to see... well, an ugly then?". Y/n smiled, it had been a while since she had talked to anyone who hadn't gone mad in the toybox. 

"I'll explain everything when we get there, right now I want to get out of he-AEERRR!" Y/n screamed as they were sucked into a spinning red and white portal, and thrown onto the paint-splattered courtyard. 

Y/n marvelled at the chaos that unravelled before her eyes. A giant octopus was swimming in the gauntlet filled with water and painted neon green and pink. The ground was covered in foam balls and squealing dolls, cakes and biscuits scattered everywhere. Everything was wonky and cheerful, not a single stern face on any of the dolls.

y/n ducked a shower of cakes and buns, then said in awe, "What the heck happened to make Lou allow this to happen..."

Wedge-head looked uncomfortable, then said quietly, "Actually, he tried to break the portal not so long ago," to which y/n gasped "He didn't!". Wedge-head nodded as they walked towards a cluster of white tables and chairs decked with scrumptious food. "Yeah, he's the cleaner now, he's normally around the gauntlet, after we put him in the wash, and he's always grumpy. Obviously...". Y/n fell silent. Yes, Lou did deserve what he got, but... why was there a nagging feeling at the back of her head that made guilt pool at the pit of her stomach?

"Y-yeah..." y/n replied in a falsely happy voice, which made wedge-head raise an eyebrow (or, well, it appears to, or, I DON'T KNOW DON'T HATE ME!!) 

"He's a prototype, we discovered, which is why he lost it at the gauntlet and didn't want anyone else to be able to get a kid either. we united together and fixed it, but Lou, he got what he deserved. He kidnapped our friends, he tried to kill us and said we didn't deserve a kid because we are 'ugly'. Well, now ugly is good term, heh" Wedge-head concluded proudly. "Hey, can I see Lou?" Y/n asked after a brief silence, to which wedge-head burst out laughing. "HAHAHA, he... why would you wanna see him?". Y/n felt go red. "Just to see, y'know, I'm curious". 

Suddenly, a purple cat came out from nowhere then spoke gibberish. "That's gibberish cat, and he says... curiosity killed the cat..." Wedge-head trailed off. "I'll be fine," Y/n said nervously, straitening her skirt

"Before you go, please, I need to know why you weren't surprised to see an ugly!" Wedge-head asked excitedly. Y/n sighed, then said quietly, "Because I knew Ox very well. He's an ugly doll, but... he's gone now. And I always had the feeling it was Lou who was responsible ... that's why I didn't like him afterwards.".