Shopping for your heart

Start from the beginning

With that thought lingering in his head he gets dressed. His thoughts still flying in his head a mile a minute. He didn’t understand his feelings but he was willing to give them a shot. He grabs his backpack, triple checks for his supplies. Wallet, house keys, charger, and phone. All good.

“Mom, I’m heading out to see Yuji. We’ll both come back and he’s staying the night. Do you need anything for dinner?” he shouts while putting his shoes on.

“Well, you seem awfully excited. And thanks for telling me now he's staying over,” She playfully jokes at him. Her light smile slowly fades, “I like that Yuji boy, He seems kind. Have fun, and dinner should be ready by the time you’re back.” She walks towards her son, him being slightly smaller than he usually was due to the step into the house. She kisses his head and lightly plays with his hair. “Now go out and have fun! I like seeing you like this Junpei.”

A slight wave from both and a “Love you too mom” from Junpei and he was walking towards the cafe.

A brisk walk later and Junpei could see the taller boy standing outside the cafe they had picked. His pace lightly speeds up while his smile grows.

“Oh? Junpei!! Good morning. Have you had breakfast yet or are we just getting coffee?” With that, he felt his stomach turn.

“Well, looks like I forgot to eat so breakfast it is. I hope this place has some food.” He looks towards the glass door, the shop's name neatly engraved into it.

“Don't worry about that! Here!” He fumbles around his backpack for a second and pulls out a small aluminum package. Junpei takes it and feels the warmth it gives off. “I made some breakfast burritos cuz I was in a rush this morning,” he touches the back of his head and gives a small smile, “ I already had mine but I thought I’d make you one just in case.” A chuckle escapes from his goofy smile. “Well, now we only need to pay for a drink.”
He walks towards the door and opens it for Junpei, who says a slight “thank you” as the aroma of ground coffee fills his nose.

“Hey! What can I get ya?” A bright girl behind the counter says, obviously not on her fist cup of the energetic liquid.

“Um. One-one chai tea latte, please. Uh, medium.” He looks at the board, his eyes scanning over the collection of small words trying to find the price.

“And I’ll have a small mint hot chocolate please!” Yuji slightly leans towards the counter and next to Junpei.

“Oh, are you two together?” She questions as she writes down the simple order on a small white cup.

“Well, we-”

“Yeah, don’t worry Junpei. I’ll pay, you can get me a gatcha later.” He smiles and walks closer to the counter, his wallet already in hand. With warm drinks in hand they sit down and enjoy them. Junpei also digs into the breakfast burrito. He didn’t know Yuji could cook.

“Did you have any place you wanna go?” Junpei walks out of the cafe and starts walking towards where he knew where most of the shops are.

“Hmmm, How about the arcade first? I wanna show off my skills hehe.” He puffs out his chest a bit leading Junpei to let out a laugh.

With that, they head to the arcade. Junpei bee-lining straight for the rhythm games. He puts in a coin and grabs the two drumsticks.