Chapter 33: Expecto Patronum

Start from the beginning

"Hurry! Uncle Lucius will kill us if he sees us on his brooms!" A young Aspen shouted as he expertly mounted a broom and lifted off into the clear blue sky. It was another summer break being spent at the Malfoy Manor, but eleven year old Amora had never ridden a broom before. She cautiously approached the seemingly household item and raised her hand over it.

"Amora don't! You'll get hurt!" Aaron warned her as nine year old Tyler and Draco watched from a distance. Aaron dashed through the freshly cut bright green lawn as Amora furrowed her brows at the broomstick, confused how to use it.

"Just fly up already, you stupid broomstick!" Amora whined. Once the word "up" had left her lips, the broom instantly hovered right up to her hand.

"Amora stop! I swear to god, if you get hurt!" Aaron bellowed as he raced across the lawn.

"What are you kids doing on my new brooms?" Lucius' voice roared from inside the house. Amora turned her head around and saw a flash of pale blonde hair glaring at her.

"Come on, Mores! We can fly to Diagon Alley!" Aspen urged her. Without thinking, Amora clambered onto the broom. She looked up into the sky, slightly blinded by the sun.

She planted her feet firmly into the ground right as Aaron had reached her. When she kicked off of the ground, she felt his small arms wrap around her waist. The adrenaline of shooting into the air, faster than a bird, was exhilarating. Aaron clung onto Amora for dear life as the trio soared into the sky.

"Fly us back down, THIS INSTANT!" Aaron screamed. Amora was too happy to notice as she watched the Manor drift away like a distant memory. The landscape below was filled with rolling hills and streams. Amora floated up and she opened her mouth as clouds drifted by her face.

"Watch this!" Fifteen year old Aspen whooped as he flew upside down on his broom. It was one of the first times Amora had been so free, that she grinned until her stomach hurt.

"I see something! Keep going, I think something's forming," Cedric told her. Amora squeezed her eyes tighter as she gripped her wand, letting herself drift into another memory. She then thought of when she was sorted into Slytherin.

"Slytherin!" The Sorting Hat bellowed. Professor McGonagall lifted the hat off of a grinning Aaron. He practically ran over to the Slytherin table, even giving a high five to the prefect.

"Pretty cocky for a LeStrange, eh?" A twelve year old Ned Longbottom whispered to Amora.

"LeStrange, Amora!" McGonagall read off of her list. When Amora stepped forward, Ned's face went pale, unaware that Aaron had a twin sister.

Amora nervously settled on the small wooden stool as everyone in the Great Hall curiously stared at the young LeStrange, even some of the professors. Her only comfort was Aspen who was sitting at the Gryffindor table giving her a double thumbs up and grinning at her. That was the last thing she saw before the Sorting Hat fell on top of her head and covered her eyes.

"Another LeStrange, eh? I know just what to do with you," the Sorting Hat's voice shouted.

"What's this? I sense a bit of confliction! Ambition of a Slytherin, Bravery of a Gryffindor, Loyalty of a Hufflepuff, and the Wits of a Ravenclaw..." the Sorting Hat muttered. Amora then heard mutters and whispers spread around the Great Hall.

"Has she actually confused the Sorting Hat?"
"Must be dark magic..."
"...LeStrange in Hufflepuff? No way!"
"Just put her in Slytherin already!"
"She could be Ravenclaw..."