I smiled. "Let's do it before I change my mind."

-----

Shoto's POV

(Y/N) had gotten her hair wet and had handed me her brush and some scissors. I didn't show it but I was nervous that I was about to ruin my girlfriend's hair. I just knew it would be easier for me to do it than for her to do it herself.

I told her to start with the front pieces so I would have a kind of reference. After that, we managed to get her lengthy mane into sections and I began cautiously snipping the pieces. I suddenly realized how short it was going to be, and I found that I'd possibly miss her long hair when this was all over. However, (Y/N) was a beautiful girl no matter what her hair looked like and I also knew that this meant more to her than just getting a new haircut. She wanted to feel different after everything she'd gone through and I understood that completely.

As I cut the hair at the back of her neck, I noticed a tarnished gold necklace that she was wearing beneath her clothes. It was a dainty gold chain with tiny butterflies along it. If there was some sort of pendant in the front I couldn't tell. 

"I've never seen this necklace before," I commented.

(Y/N) fingered the chain, then pulled it out beneath her shirt to reveal a light blue crystal butterfly as the main charm. "Kaito gave this to me for my last birthday. I wear is as a reminder to go back for him, Riku, and Nachika."

It hadn't taken me long to know that Kaito looked at (Y/N) as more than a friend. The way (Y/N) described how he would act towards her, and the way they lived together through the darkness of being child assassins, I understood. Kaito giving her jewelry was just confirmation.  I knew that Kaito loved (Y/N) in the most honorable way, and I knew that he knew I loved her too. He just hadn't said anything or done anything because he knew she loved me. Because of that, I felt deep respect for him and wanted to assist in his escape as much as I could. I knew that he was a good man, and freedom was something he deserved just as much as (Y/N) did.

"I don't think that's something you need reminding of," I said, keeping my thoughts to myself.

"No..." she quietly answered. "I think about them all the time. I think about how they're struggling under the control of agency officials and how they're only kids like us and how they deserve a normal life. I want to get them out as soon as any searches for me have subsided."

"What if they don't subside?" I asked. "What if they don't stop looking for you? They know that since you've escaped you can give away all of the agency's secrets."

"Well then we'll go in anyway. We'll rescue them and we'll save the heroes that they have in prison. We'll put an end to this evil that they're doing and give my friends the opportunity to use their own quirks. If we're unsuccessful, at least I'll die trying."

The resolution in her voice shook me. We would again be risking our lives to save others, which I was weirdly at peace about. I was nervous, but I was ready to save (Y/N)'s friends that the heroes that were being held captive. It was what we did as heroes.

-----

(Y/N)'s POV

Shoto cut the last piece of my hair, letting it fall to the ground in a heap. I looked around me, and the amount of my long hair that was on the ground shocked me a little. I looked at the mirror, at my reflection. Shit, it's so short.

It lined up about where my jaw was, ending a good few inches above my shoulders. I fussed with it a little, not quite used to how light my head now felt. I turned to Shoto.

"Do I look stupid?" I asked.

Shoto came up close to me, and ran his hand along my jaw, tilting my face up to his. He kissed me slowly, once and then again. "I think..." he whispered, tucking my short locks behind my ears, "...you look like a badass."

I closed my eyes and waited for him to kiss me again, which he did as he lifted me up and onto the counter where the sinks were. We started making our fervently, picking up speed as we lost track of all space and time.

"You're so beautiful," he said while taking a breath, his hands exploring my hair.

I was too busy kissing him to respond, but I hoped he felt my smile against his lips. There was nothing more I wanted to do than to rip all his clothes off right here and go places I've never been. Letting Shoto cut my hair made me feel more connected to him now, and all the cells in my body were screaming at me to have sex with him right here in the dorm bathroom on the boys floor. What in the world was wrong with me.

I restrained myself, and began winding down so we wouldn't get caught by whichever unlucky soul were to walk in on us at any second. "We should go back to your room...or somewhere else."

Shoto looked at me in silence, with his emotionless expression, but there was a certain deepness in his eyes. He looked at me for a long while.

I became self-conscious. "What...are you looking at?"

"Your eyes. I see them more now."

I laughed, blushing hard like a junior-high schoolgirl.

------

Merry Christmas everyone! Has it really been a year ago that I updated??? Yikes. Know that I started this fanfiction a while ago in high school but now I'm in college and I have a hard time finding time to do this. If I were ever to discontinue, there would be an official message from me.

Thank you all for your extreme patience and support! Goodbye for now♥