In the Forest

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Now, I know that there are a couple who've read this (I thank you very very much), but if you're still going, I would like you to vote, or comment. Pretty please? I'm trying my best, this is one of my first actual stories I've written for the public eye. If, and when, you comment, I will love to hear your opinions. Private message me for story ideas. I'm still trying to get a feel for the site so bear with me.(:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER TWO

______________

  I lay there for about ten more minutes before I finally fell asleep. All I saw was blackness for a while until pictures started floating before my eyes. My first surfing lesson, the ice cream shop on the corner, Skye's room, all the places where I usually hang around just floated into the dark oblivion and I heard a clap of thunder and the bright flash of lightening. I was soon sitting on the ground under the shelter of a tree, the rain pouring in sheets before me. I watched as it rolled off the green leaves, and wondered what kind of tree it was.

  "What are you doing here?" asked a voice from behind me.

  I jumped up, readying my hands as my back now stood to the rain. There, standing in front of me, was a guy. A freaking guy. I've never seen him before in my life. His shaggy black hair fell into his piercing eyes as he glared at me. He stood about half a head taller than I, and I was pretty tall (in my opinion, anyways). I decided to go with crossing my arms and glaring back, wondering if this was a dream or not.

  "Me?" I asked, gesturing to myself. "To be quite honest, I could ask you the same thing."

  I was still wearing my red sundress, but I had a white sweater over it now. I rubbed my arms gently, since it was a little cold. All he was wearing were jeans and a black t-shirt. I wondered vaguely why he wasn't cold.

  "Yeah, but you didn't," he pointed out dryly.

  "Who said I wanted to?"

  He didn't seem to like that answer. He leaned against the large trunk of the tree, studying me. I rolled my eyes. What was up with this guy anyways? Wait, was I making him up? Maybe I can make him nicer . . .

  "I'm not a part of your mind," he stated coldly.

  "Alright, just wondering, jeez," I mumbled, wondering how he did that.

  "I can do a lot of things you can't," he laughed.

  I scowled, not finding it funny at all. Maybe I can be like in the movies? You know, put up a barrier and block him out? Would that work? I pictured a cloak and mentally watched it fall over my thoughts, my mind. I looked at him with a bittersweet smile, and he just frowned. It seemed to have worked.

  "Seems to be I can do things, too," I said.

  "You're not supposed to be able to do that," he muttered under his breath.

  "Sorry, Hun, but you can't always get your way," I said.

  "I neve--"

  A loud clap of thunder sounded and shook the whole tree. I don't know why, but I screamed. Then, the flash afterwards of lightening. A smell of burning. My eyes widened, not liking this situation anymore. I slapped my head with my hand, wondering why I choose a tree of all places to take shelter . . . Or did I just land here?

  "We have to go," he said, coming towards me.

  "No," I stated sarcastically, following him out. "Really? I thought we were going to stay there." 

  "Shut up."

  "Make me."

  "You don't want me too, Sweetheart."

  "You wouldn't dare touch me."

  He stopped in front of me, hair plastered to his head and water still dripping off his face. He looked menacing, and, I'll admit, I was scared out of my mind. I took all my courage and stepped wight up to him, inches from his face, waiting for his answer.

  "You sure about that?" he asked.

  "No, that's why I said it," I snarled snidely.

  We stood there for a couple more minutes, glaring at each other. But he turned around and walked away. I walked with him matching his pace. I looked at him. Okay, he was cute enough. Alright, so he was hot. Whatever. I'm not interested. I will never, ever, be anything to him. Especially not his 'Sweetheart'.

  "I'm not your Sweetheart," I muttered under my breath.

  "What was that?" he asked, looking at me.

  "Oh, nothing," I said, giving him a sugary smile.

  I looked around me as I realized where we were. I was walking with this, well, guy in a forest. A large forest of which I don't even know where it came from. There were no forests near Carmel . . . That I knew of. I wondered how I got here, and then I remembered my parents. How would they react to this? Then, a thought occurred to me. I didn't care what my parents thought.

  I bit my lip as I stepped over a protruding root from a tree. I was clumsy enough with nothing in front of me, now I have stick and stones and roots to watch out for. Oh joy. What a day. I heard a small rumble of thunder as the rain pulled back its force and stuck with a drizzle. I looked around again.

  "Uh, dude? Where are we going?" I asked.

  "My name's not 'Dude', it's Ben."

  "Okay. Ben, where are we going?"

   "No clue."

   "Great."

  "What's yours?"

  "My what?"

  "Name?"

  "Oh! Lacey."

  "Nice to actually meet you, Lacey."

  I laughed, "You, too."

  We walked and as the rain finally went away, my vision started to blur. I frowned as I fell forward into the blackness of my own mind.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE (2):

Yes, it's very short, but you won't be seeing this forest for a while.(:

More descriptions in the next chapter.

COMMENT!!!!!

VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

Grazie for reading.(:

{Edited: 6-6-11}