Chapter 7: The Policy

Start from the beginning

"Hey. I'm sorry I just dropped this tile, but I'm about to clean it up, don't worry." I stated picking up some more pieces.

"No you good lil mama. What time did you get up in hea'?" He asked bending down to help me get the other pieces, but I swatted his hand away.

"Hey I'm the worker. Go on some where." I joked before standing up.

He laughed a little as I walked into his kitchen and threw the pieces away. As I was walking past his counter I saw the girls panties on the island and almost threw up. I was good on eating at the counter for a while.

"Damn you almost finished wit' da fireplace." August smiled when I walked back in the room.

"Yup, just one more tile to go." I stated picking up a new tile out of the bin, and climbing the ladder to place it.

"Yo be careful ma. Ion need you fallin' up in hea'."

"Please. I've been doin' this for years."

"Yea whateva, an this'll be yo year to bust yo ass." He stated smartly sitting on one of the chairs in the room.

I tried hard to focus on doing my work, but I needed so badly to say something about him and that girl.

"So is that the usual for you?" I asked steppin' down the ladder.

"Is what the usual?" He asked confused as I walked to my bin.

"Y'know. Having girls through here?"

I know its unprofessional to ask, but honestly I was just makin' conversation, and after the whole club scene I know we're past the whole professional thing.

"Oh... No actually. I ain't mean foe you ta see that." He stated scratchin' the back of his head.

"Oh I don't mind. This is you're house. I just don't want to walk in here and catch y'all in the act."

"Oh she ain't gone be back." He chuckled.

"But you told her you were gonna call her."

"And I also told my mama I'm still a virgin. So whats yo point?" He asked smartly.

I started crackin' up at him, but just shook my head. He was a damn shame.

"That's sad. She gone be all hopeful and stuff for like a month."

"So? She had her chance. She should have laid it down like she wanted a call within' a month. " He shrugged.

I smacked his arm as I walked past him to go on to my next task while laughing.

"You need to stop." I laughed.

"Yea whateva. So T let you in?" He asked.

"If you talkin' about the big dude at your gate then yes. After getting my I.D. and patting me down first."

"Damn he patted you down?"

"Yup. Kinda made me mad. Like what I'm gone come up here and kill you in broad day late for?"

"Well then. You gone kill a nigga at night?" He asked.

"Shut up you know what I meant." I laughed walking back to my bin.

"Yea iight I'm gone have T pat you down foe a Lil longa from now on."

"He'll probably enjoy it." I muttered.

August looked confused and a little upset causing me to stop and stand in front of him.

"Whatchu mean, he'll like dat?"