〖01: Leave, A War〗

Start from the beginning

He gave them the folded them the clothing, crying, and kissing their foreheads. He quickly went back into the palace and put pillows under the blankets so it would seem they were there.
When he woke up the next day, he heard servants and guards panicking. Japanese empire stormed in his room with guards beating him.

He starting to choke on his own blood, coughing it out as the floor was mixed with his blood and tears, his hanbok for sleeping covering in dirt from the guard's shoes and his blood.

"S-stop, pl-please" Is all he could cough out.

Japanese Empire snarled, grabbing a guard's gun, and knocking him out. He grumbled and told medics to attend to him.

He woke up, shaking and thankfully better. The medics told him to sleep when the Japanese Empire would come in fear that he would be beaten again, so he could think he was still recovering.

He had unexpectedly burst in after a week and Korea shivered, keeping his head down, not wanting to look at his (ugly) face.

The man grabbed his chin, forcing to him to look at his face.

"Where are those little shits?" He demanded.

Korea gulped, and mustered all the courage he had and breathed out, sweating from nervousness.

"Beat me."

"What?" The Japanese man snapped, angry.

"I said beat me. Do it. I'll never tell you were my sons are." He mustered out.

He had been beaten repeatedly for days, he could barely move, just lay on the floor bruised. Japanese empire just got tired of beating him and got medics to care for him.

8:32PM, 1937, A village, Annexed Korea

The boys had arrived a few days ago and the villagers promised to keep them safe and hidden from Japanese soldiers once they read the letter they found.

The two were very confused but a man told them they were safe now. They tried asking about their father, but the villagers skipped the question and got everything ready for them.

Kim was always clutching onto his brother as they sat in their new bedroom. Haneul was trying to calm his whimpering brother.

"무슨 일이 일어날 것?" (museun il-i il-eonal geos?) (What will happen?) Kim asked.

"나도 몰라" (nado molla) (I do not know) Haneul sighed.

Kim had tears flowing down his cheek as his brother cuddled him, the fluffy kimonos keeping them warm. That night was full of fear.
Haneul knew what was going on. He knew they had to hide, but his brother didn't. He swore to protect him. Kim was soon sleeping peacefully.

Haneul got out of the bed and looked around the village, he knew something that he would like – a Mokran Flower.

He finally snapped a small branch of the flowers after a few minutes away. Then a Japanese guard scared him from behind.

"AH! Oh, um, 申し訳ありません" (Mōshiwakearimasen) (I'm sorry) He apologised, remembering some Japanese he had learnt from class.

The guard was thankfully a nice guy and laughed. He said something in Japanese and Haneul looked at him confused.

"Oh, you're not fluent?" He asked.

"Yeah, I only know English and Korean, but I'm trying! I got 96% in my Japanese test!" He bragged, smiling.

"You're a smart boy, why are you out late?" He giggled, amused by the kid.

"My brother is sad because he's been having bad dreams, so I'm getting him his favourite flowers!" He responded, bending the truth.