11th Chapter: ENTHRALL

Start from the beginning

"Okay, sorry. Just tell me everything when I got there. I have to go now, I have a meeting Zhan."

"Alright, I have to start working too. Drive safe and I'll see you next week. Bye."

"Yeah. And stop stressing. Bye."

Xiao Zhan ended the phone call and tried not to think about the conversation, even though he was the one who brought it up in the first place. He massaged his wrinkled forehead and tried to focus on his work when a voice behind interrupted him. One of the guys from Zi Yi's team greeted him and handed him a folder containing samples of finished designs for Yibo's signage. He smiled faintly and thanked the man who smiled back at him. He carefully checked the designs while the man waited behind him.

"Mr...?"

"Yuchen..Cao Yuchen, sir."

"Mr. Cao, please tell Ms. Meng and the team I said thank you. These are great. I'm sure the client will love these designs. Good job. Send me the soft copy please."

"Yes, sir. Thank you"

Xiao Zhan didn't look at the man but his voice was full of satisfaction. The man's face beamed upon hearing Xiao Zhan's compliment and went on his way to share Xiao Zhan's good news to the team.

The soft copy was immediately sent to his email and decided to phone jili to tell him that he will send the file to him. But, the manager was not answering. The second time he tried it was already out of service so he gave up and decided to just directly call the coffee shop but to his dismay, no one answered.

He could try and call one person, he thought but he hesitated. Hesitating cause first, he recalled what happened in the cab earlier and second, what if he doesn't answer also. But, he needed to send the file immediately so, he grabbed his phone and dialled Yibo. It was just a business-related matter so no need to get nervous, he thought.

First ring..second ring..third ring..

He was about to hang up the phone when the same bitter voice answered.

"Mr. Xiao.."

"Sorry Mr. Wang for disturbing you but neither your manager nor the employees at the coffee shop are answering my calls."

"The shop is close today. Any problem?"

"Oh, I see. No, not really. The team completed the designs for your signage and I would like to send you a soft copy so that you can select the one you like."

"Hmm. Just drop by the apartment later."

The phrase made Xiao Zhan want to puke as a tingling feeling crawls inside his stomach. He wasn't expecting it but again, he is a client and the fact was, he was smiling inside but still needed to stay professional.

"Mr. Xiao.."

Xiao Zhan flinched a little by hearing Yibo's chilly voice. He was out for a second but quickly regained his calm aura.

"I apologize Mr Wang but, I will be out late tonight. I'm afraid I can't come, I'm sorry. Please send me your email address and I will send it to you right away. "

There was a brief silence and Xiao Zhan was beginning to feel confused.

"No, come. I don't give away my email address."