11th Chapter: ENTHRALL

Start from the beginning

"So, what happened?"

"You know that Wang yibo..he uhmm.." A bit hesitant, he couldn't continue his words because he was worried that Yubin might get angry or worse, laugh at him.

"Yeeees?" Stretching out the word, wondering why Xiao Zhan is stammering. Might be something serious, he thought still waiting for the other to finish the sentence.

"Did he do something to you? Just spit it out, Zhan." He implored.

"I think so..Yubin, have you been attracted to anyone before? I mean not that you don't tell me, but..have you ever been attracted to someone..you know..like you can't..get that person out of your head? And when you see that person..you suddenly feel anxious..like..."

Yubin already understood what he was trying to say and directly pushed through, continuing the words his nervous friend couldn't.

"Anxious excited? Or anxious..terrified, like completely and terribly out of it?"

Xiao Zhan paused for a bit and gulped, didn't know what to answer or rather, didn't know how to answer Yubin's question because he himself, didn't want to admit it.

But eventually, he did.

"Anxious...excited, and a bit terrified as well." Said Xiao Zhan, feeling like hiding under his table.

Yubin couldn't hold back his emotions anymore. He was right, his best friend started to crack up the moment he confessed what he was feeling. Xiao zhan bent forward and rested his elbow at his desk and ran his hands through his hair, feeling embarrassed. His face flushed and he bit his lower lip, frowning at the situation.

He listened to his friend annoyingly and hissed as the guy continued to cackle with laughter.

"God, Yubin! Enough already. I shouldn't have called you. You're so annoying!"

Yubin finally stopped when he sensed that his friend was getting mad.

"Okay okay, I'm sorry. Calm down, Zhan. Not good for you. Breathe."

"It's because you're annoying, Yubin. You're making fun of me."

"Stop being so dramatic. You know Zhan, the last time we spoke, I told you not to let Wang Yibo get into your head and I meant that. So what happened? Cause I'm confused."

"I don't know what's gotten into me. When I went to his place to discuss something about the designs and mind you, he was the one who invited me, and when he volunteered to show me around the City, I was..touched and I felt happy to be honest."

"He did what? You went to his place? You better tell me all about this when I arrive next week."

"I will. But listen, why do I feel like, I've known him for so long? I feel somewhat..glad when I see him."

"Maybe..it's fate."

Fate, he thought pressing his lips together and leaning back again to his chair. Every time he would see Yibo or talk about him, he would feel his heart thump like it knows who that person is. Like Yibo is the one who beats it for.

"Or maybe because..." Yubin wondered.

"Yubin..let's not talk about that, please." He interrupted his friend before saying anything he didn't want to hear.