𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐹𝐼𝐹𝑇𝑌 𝐹𝑂𝑈𝑅

Start from the beginning

"Um, sure," Loki nodded.

"Thanks," James smiled. "But, yeah, anyway. How's it going between you three? Any complications yet?"

"Nope," Sirius declared, a proud grin on his face. "Though I think Moony's a bit jealous."

"Like there's anything you could do to make me jealous," Remus scoffed and rolled his eyes. "If anything, I think you're diverting the fact that you're jealous of me."

Loki looked between the two, then turned to James, lowering her voice as she leant forward slightly. "They do this a lot," she sighed. "I think it's because they're both jealous."

"I agree," James whispered back, bending over his empty plate. Loki could tell he was amused by his best friends' argument. "Are you dealing with them alright, though?"

She nodded. "I've gotten used to it. They're certainly fun to hang out with, however." She glanced back to Sirius and Remus, surprised they hadn't noticed James and her small conversation. "That's why I love them, I guess," she spoke with a fond smile that James identified quickly. After seeing the boys look at her like that for so long, he immediately picked up on it.

"They're lucky, then," James spoke, shooting the girl a wink. "Promise you'll take care of them for me?"

"Of course," Loki nodded her head at James. "How are things between you and Nic, by the way?"

"We've worked it out," James replied. "You don't have to worry about him any more. He and I have made a sort of compromise."

"Compromise?" Loki frowned, knitting her eyebrows together as she attempted to figure out what he was trying to say. "What do you mean?"

"I can't say unless he tells me to, Loki," James shot her an apologetic look. "Sorry."

"It's okay," Loki pulled away as she heard the boy's small argument finish. "I can understand. Just promise me you won't hurt him, okay? Otherwise, I might have to do some drastic things."

"He's already warned me of it," James laughed. "Don't worry. I won't. You might have to warn him not to hurt me, too Loki. You could say I've grown fond of him, and I would be terribly sad if he hurt me, you know."

"Don't worry, James," Loki smiled, "I will."

"What are you two talking about?" Sirius looked between his best friend and Loki. "You've got a girlfriend of your own to coerce into doing your bidding. Don't try and use Remus and mine."

"I'm not coercing your girlfriend to do anything," James mocked hurt. "I can't believe you'd think I'd do anything to corrupt Loki."

"Corrupt her?" Remus laughed. "I don't think she can be corrupted." Remus turned his gaze to Loki, his lips curving into a soft smile. "Just look at her."

"In any case, I've made an oath that I'd never taint her precious soul," James pressed his right hand to his heart.

"I think you think of me too innocently," Loki let out a laugh.

"You've, like, never broken a rule," James replied.

"That's a lie," Loki shot back. "In the time I've begun hanging out with you I've walked the corridors at night, which I've done loads of times, but that's not the point. I've taken food from the kitchen, allowed people to come into the Hufflepuff Common Room, gone to the Gryffindor Common Room. Then there was the case that one time with my brother and... Marcel."

"I still want to give that bloody git a good sock in the nose," Sirius muttered bitterly.

"Those are only minor rules, Loki," James spoke, quickly averting everyone's gaze from Sirius. "I'm talking about bigger ones."

"Like the rule of not cheating on a test, because I've done that before. Or duelling? Done that."

"Hold-hold up," Remus readjusted himself and faced Loki with a stern expression. "What? When?" James and Sirius both stared at the girl with surprised expressions

"First year for the cheating thing. Coerced by Marcel. The duelling thing was also Marcel." Loki nodded, a tight-lipped frown on her face. "You know, I realise now I really shouldn't have been hanging out with Marcel when I was younger."

"Trust us, we know," Remus sighed.

"All over now, anyway," Loki waved it off, scooping up her eggs, which had now cooled considerably. "I'm not fond of those memories, which is why I never bring them up."

"Well, now you can make more memories - better ones - with us," Sirius smiled, swinging his arm over her shoulder. "And we won't make you cheat on tests."

"Or duel people on school grounds," James added.

Loki laughed. "Thanks, guys."

"And I'm not sorry to bring it up again," Remus began, "but that'll have to be after you complete your charms essay, boys."

James and Sirius groaned simultaneously. "But Remus!" They whined.

"No buts," Remus spoke. "You two and Peter are probably the last ones to finish. I promised Flitwick I'd help you."

"I'll help, too," Loki smiled. "I can't sit by knowing you need help."

"You are a miracle, Loki Hawthorne," James sighed in relief. "I've already said this, but I'm so glad these two met you."

Loki smiled at him. She'd already thought it before but couldn't help thinking once more how glad she was that she met them, too.

AUTHOR'S NOTE 

hey! this chapter went in a completely different direction than what I was hoping, can you tell? I'm sorry for not updating earlier. I was a little preoccupied. I'm not sure how good this chapter is, though, so I'm sorry if it's not as okay as the other ones.

hey, also, if you didn't know, I posted a bill weasley fic. it will be in the same universe as this one, so Loki will eventually make appearances. it was honestly a split-second decision to make it, but I really hope I finish it because I adore the plot idea.

and, as always, vote, leave a comment if you wish because I love reading and replying to them, and I'll see you next time. bye! :)