Chapter Sixteen - The Pieces Are Coming Together.

Chapter Sixteen.

Finn's POV:

"Okay, explain to me just one more time. Randy is your friend? Why would he do this to you?" I ask, trying to sound as calm as I can. I don't want to stress her out more. Thousands, if not millions of people have seen the video by now.

"He's not really my friend. We were co-presidents of our school's drama club. We tolerated each other. He was there that night, but he didn't laugh with the group." She says in between sniffles.

"So, it probably wasn't him. Who else was there?" I reply. She tucks her hair behind her ear and stares just above me.

"Let's see.. a girl named Regan, Albany, and a few others, but I can't remember their names." She puts her head down. I have an instinct to reach for her, so I do. I place my hand on her chin and gently tilt it up so she's facing me. Her eyes dilate when they meet mine.

"We're going to find whoever posted this, and put an end to it. I promise you." She nods. I lean in and softly kiss her pale cheek. She looks back up at me with puppy dog eyes and engulfs me with a hug. My heart warms and I bury my head into her neck.

TIME SKIP TO SADIE'S HOTEL.

Y/N POV:

I didn't think my mom would let me go out tonight but I guess being publicly humiliated has its perks. Sadie and Millie invite me to all their girls nights now and they're oddly comforting. We watch movies and paint each other's nails: all the cliches. Whenever the topic of boys comes up, it's always a little awkward. Sadie knows about my feelings for Finn but we haven't explicitly talked about it since I initially told her.

"Sooo, boys? Come on, guys, I need some gossip! After what happened today, it might be a nice distraction to talk about something as silly as the male species." Millie falls back onto her pillow. Sadie shrugs and looks towards me. I nervously shift on the bed.

"Mills, can I trust you with something?" I ask, staring intensely at her.

"Anything." She responds, sitting up completely straight.

"I-"

"(Y/N) likes someone!" Sadie blurts out before smacking her mouth with her cupped hand.

"Sadie!" I shout.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help it! I've been keeping it a secret for so long." Sadie says while putting her arm around my shoulder and leaning on me.

"Sadie knew before me? (Y/N)!" Mills shouts with a shocked and disappointed expression.

"Sorry... but hey! At least I'm telling you now." I say, patting her shoulder. Millie's eyes stare into my soul and then she smiles and hugs me, tight.

"Okay so... tell me now!" She shakes my shoulders and Sadie and I topple over, laughing.

"Well..."

"Just tell her! I need to see her reaction." Sadie shrieks with a smile.

"Okay. Millie, you can't tell anyone. I kinda, sorta, maybe like someone in the cast." I mumble.

"In the cast- in the cast of Stranger Things? You, (Y/N), have a crush on one of our cast mates?" Millie exclaims.

"Yes." I shyly speak.

"WHO?" She yells, jumping to her feet and bouncing on the bed a couple times. I glance at Sadie and she nods her head.

"...Finn."

Millie's POV:

FINN LIKES (Y/N). THIS IS PERFECT. I CAN BE THEIR MATCHMAKER. SHOOT, (Y/N) is waiting for a response!

"Finn, really?" I say while trying to hide my smile.

"Yes. Please don't tell him. I don't think he feels the same." She sighs.

"Are you sure about that?" I ask, a cheeky smirk growing on my face. I fall back on my bum and sit across from the girls. (Y/N) cocks her head.

"What do you mean?" She responds, confused. I immediately realize what I've done and a look of regret covers my face.

Finn trusted me with this information.

"Oh nothing, I just think you guys would make an adorable couple." I say, giving (Y/N) a darling smile. She blushes and looks away.

"Are you going to tell him?" Sadie asks, laying on her stomach and kicking her legs up.

"Oh, no. I don't think that's a good idea. We work together in a professional environment." She speaks while fidgeting with her fingers.

"You don't think that stopped Caleb and Sadie, do you?" I tease to which Sadie throws a pillow at me.

"Honestly, (Y/N), we're kids. We deserve to have somewhat normal childhoods. Go for it. Throw professionalism aside for a minute. I'm getting a vibe from Finn." I smirk and brush my hair behind my ear.

"What- what kind of vibe?" (Y/N) stutters out.

"Oh, just a vibe..." I reply. Sadie and (Y/N) giggle and cuddle up to me.

Y/N POV:

Sadie grabs the remote from the nightable and turns on Netflix. As a joke, Millie suggests watching Stranger Things and without reluctance, Sadie turns on season two episode one, and we start watching it. Before I even notice, the two girls have both fallen into deep sleeps. I can hear Sadie's muffled snores into Millie's chest. I carefully crawl out of the brown haired girl's grasp and sit across from them.

It's only 11:00pm. Great

I tiptoe to the dresser where my phone is laying and I check my notifications. 2079 Instagram notifications.

I should really turn those off.

Maybe I should text Finn. Millie said to go for it.

One little text can't hurt.

(Y/N):
hey!

I bite my lip as I wait for a response from the dreamy boy. He's active on instagram so he should answer my text-

Finnie:
Hey, how are you? Any update on who posted the video?

(Y/N):
not yet. to be honest, i haven't tried looking yet. ive been with sadie and mills all evening.

Finnie:
That's nice. I hope you're having fun!! Do you wanna maybe hangout tomorrow? We could figure out who posted it and get it taken down..?

(Y/N):
that would be amazing. thanks finnie. i can't thank you enough.

Finnie:
Oh, it's no problem. How about tomorrow at 2:00pm? We could go to the beach and swim.. or just sit and find out who posted it.

(Y/N):
no, that sounds fun!! let's do it. sadie and mills are sleeping so i think i might join them.

Finnie:
Wow, newbie. It's not even 12:00am.

(Y/N):
i know, i know. it was a long day today!

Finnie:
You're right. Have a good sleep, (Y/N). Sweet dreams. :)

(Y/N):
goodnight finn <3

A/N: i hope you enjoyed this chapter! :)