After a good 30 seconds of running, you halt to a stop, looking over the deadly drop less than a foot in front of you. Lines of rope connecting ends of large gaps to the other sides, lie ahead of you. You breathe deeply summoning the wind's playful spirit. It gathers around you, weaving through your hair and tickling your skin, you let out a soft laugh. The wind lifts you up and off the ground, gliding across the large canyons, completing the second phase in less than 5 seconds. You nod a quick thanks to the element as it places you softly back on the ground of the other side. You take a second to observe your surroundings, no sight of anyone behind you, and no sight of Todoroki ahead of you. Unzipping your UA warm up jacket slightly, you continue running on the race's path.
'Okay, okay, I'm doing well. I've only had to use one element so far. Anyone in the other classes would think I only have my air quirk. And everyone in my class still thinks I have two quirks. Todoroki and Bakugou know about my fire, not that that even matters since I can't use it. Bakugou also knows about my earth quirk, damn it. Relax. Relax. Relax. He's not a threat right now. It's just a race. As long as I make it into the top five, I'll make a big enough entrance to be noticed. But why do I even-'
You sense him before even seeing or hearing the explosive blonde.
A prominent disruption in the air currents tells you Bakugou's using his quirk to shoot himself through the open air. You make it to the final phase in the race before he comes into view, dropping himself onto the ground a couple feet behind you. You look ahead, seeing Todoroki making his way through what looks like a minefield. He's already about halfway to the other side. Without another second of hesitation Bakugou activates his quirk, once again, rocketing himself through the air, quickly catching up to Todoroki. The dual haired boy notices and activates his quirk, much to his dismay, leaving an ice trail for anyone to use behind him. You start to hear the loud footsteps and voices of the other students coming up behind you.

'Shit, what do I do? Should I just use my air quirk again or use earth? I think I'd be able to cover this phase faster with my earth element but there goes my advantage of surprise. I can't waste that on a simple race. Top five, remember. Just top five.'
Familiar voices call out your name. You turn to see some of your classmates waving at you. You give them a quick smile and summon the air element. Rising up off the ground you glide over in the direction of the boys fighting for first place. They were nearly clearing the landmines, when an explosion from behind lights up the sky and rumbles through the air. A screaming Midoriya soars through the air, holding onto a scrap of large green metal for dear life.
You can't help but laugh a little, 'That little sneak.'
Watching him fly above your head, he starts losing momentum and starts falling clumsily towards Todoroki and Bakugou, snapping them out of their fight between each other. The dual turns into a fight between a trio.

'This should be interesting.' You think as you glide through the air in a relaxed state and constant speed.
Midoriya uses Bakugou and Todoroki to his advantage, flipping off of their backs and slamming the sheet of metal into the ground beneath them. Another explosion sends the green haired boy tumbling through the air, surpassing the previous contenders for first. The updraft of dust stops Bakugou and Todoroki for a moment before it settles, giving Midoriya the chance to create a great distance between him and them. You watch in awe as the strategy of someone with so little control of their quirk surpasses those with great capabilities and manipulation of their quirks. You smile to yourself, pushing yourself a little faster, flying through the air.
Bakugou and Todoroki recovered quickly, and their battle for second commenced. You hear an uproar in the audience as you near the stadium, indicating Midoriya passed the finish line, taking first place. The cheers continue as Todoroki runs into the large stage, claiming second. Bakugou trails Todoroki, less than a second behind, coming up in third place. You slowly make your way to the ground, running towards the light at the end of the dark hallway on foot. You run past the finish line and into the stadium, the spectators standing up from their seats and cheering loudly. You can't help but smile as your Uncle Present Mic announces your spot at fourth place.