Chapter 6: "Welcome to Jurassic World"

Everyone sat in their seats, recovering from the crash. (Y/n) leaned over and put a hand on both Yasmina's and Kenji's shoulders. "Is everyone alright?" Darius asked, which set Yasmina off. Is everyone--" She let out an angered chuckle before storming out of the van. "Yaz! Wait!" Sammy begged, following the teen. The others piled out too. Yasmina, however, did not look happy in the slightest. "We're not okay! We're in the middle of a jungle with a monster dinosaur out there, and you--" Yasmina turned to glare at Sammy. "You." She said.
      "Sammy. You destroyed the only way we had to call for help, and you lied about it!" (Y/n) said, crossing her arms as Sammy turned to face the rest of the group. "I told you guys!" Brooklynn commented. "So you did take Brooklynn's and (Y/n)'s phones? Why? What where you doing?!" Darius questioned. "Probably trying to erase my video of her taking those samples from the Sinoceratops." Brooklynn answered, as Sammy gave Yasmina a nervous look. Then Brooklynn gasped in realization. "And you knew about the Indominous Rex. Which means you were sneaking into Dr. Wu's lab when I bumped into you. I knew it!" Brooklynn continued.
      "I didn't mean to destroy your phones! I fell on them when the zipline came down and--" Sammy tried to defend herself, but Ben spoke up. "But you did steal them" You had them that whole time and didn't tell us?" He asked. "Hold up. What were you doing in Dr. Wu's office, Brooklynn?" Darius asked, turning his attention to the pink haired girl. "I...." Brooklynn trailed nervously, not knowing how to answer. "It doesn't matter. I didn't destroy our only two ways to call for help and then Lie about it. This is not my fault! This is her fault!" Brooklynn defended, Making Sammy speak up. "I'm here to spy!" She yelled, surprising everyone. "For a company called Mantah Corp." She continued, looking down and hugging herself. "Mantah Corp?" (Y/n) muttered, before realizing. "They're a bioengineering company. They are big rivals with Masrani. They tried to recreate dinosaurs too, but Wu beat them too it." She explained. "You doomed us all for some lousy company?!" Ben asked, clearly annoyed and upset. "Our ranch was in trouble, so my folks had to borrow a lot of money from some shady people." Sammy explained. "We didn't know they were fronting for Mantah Corp. They said we'd lose everything unless I spied for them. Use the behind-the-scenes access I'd get from camp to gather info from Wu's lab, and DNA from dinos, and whatever else they needed." She continued. "But then Brooklynn caught on and I got scared, and then everything went wrong." She said, before looking at Yasmina with pleading eyes. "This is the last thing I wanted to happen." She tried to explain, but Yaz only scoffed. "Oh. To be next to a broken van on Killer Dinosaur Island? Hey me too! What are the odds." Yasmina said, glaring at Sammy. "Yaz, I--" "Was it all a lie? Wanting to be friends? Pretending you cared about...." Yasmina sighed. "You just needed someone to hide what you were doing. Tell me I'm wrong." She said, waiting for Sammy's response. When the girl gave none, Yasmina eye rolled. "I'm such an idiot." She said, walking away from Sammy. "You are wrong! I just didn't know how to say it! To explain myself!" Sammy said, chasing after Yasmina. "Just because I spied doesn't change who I am!" She tried to reason, putting a hand on Yasmina's shoulder. Yasmina shoved the hand off. " Don't touch me!" She said, before giving Sammy the deadliest glare. "Go away, Sammy." She said, making Sammy back off. Yasmina sighed and went to stand next to (Y/n), who wrapped a comforting arm around the girl. Bumpy jumped at Yasmina, squealing to get her attention. "Not now Bumpy...." She muttered.
      "Look, I know the situation we're in is suboptimal-" Ben started, but Brooklynn cut him off. "It's trash. Just say it's trash, Ben." She said, with an annoyed look. "Yes, but despite the obvious trashitude... we need.. we need too-" Ben looked down at Bumpy who was squealing again. "Bumpy what is it?" He asked, (Y/n) looked at the forest and gasped. "Guys! Hide! Now!" She said, pulling Yasmina behind the van. Justas she did, the Indominous Rex showed up and ran past them, making them all hide behind the van. "This is trash! This is trash!" Ben yelled, as they watched the dino run away. "What the heck?" Darius asked, before a helicopter could be heard. The group looked in the sky and saw a helicopter shooting at the Indominous.
      "Masrani's helicopter! That's is call signal on the tail!" Kenji said. "They're shooting at the Indominous!" (Y/n) said, as they all ran after the scene. They watched as the helicopter continued to shoot the Indominous, and flinched when they heard an explosion. "What was that?" Brooklynn asked. "Yeah! Kick its butt, Masrani! Woohoo! We're saved! Yeah Baby!" Kenji cheered, wrapping an arm around (Y/n). "I told you they've got it totally under--" He was cut off as some pteranodons attacked Masrani's helicopter, making it crash into a dome and explode. This made more pteranodons escaped. "With those pteranodons loose we're sitting ducks! We've gotta take cover!" Darius informed. Kenji took the tablet from Brooklynn. "The kayak river! The entrance is near here!" He informed. "It goes underground, beneath the ridge, if we follow it, it'll take us strait to the main park." He continued. "Then that's where we need to be. Come on!" (Y/n) said, making them all run towards the entrance, with the dinosaurs chasing them.  "There it is!" Brooklynn yelled, spotting a cave entrance. They ran into it, with Ben, Darius, and Bumpy trailing behind. Once they were all inside, Yasmina closed the door just as a pteranodon approached.
      They stopped to take a breath, as the intercom came on. "Jurassic World, river adventure." It spoke. The group looked at the river to see enough Kayaks for all of them. "(Y/n) and I call the CKK." Kenji said, putting on shades. "CKK?" (Y/n) asked, as she put on a life vest. "Cool Kids' Kayak." Kenji clarified, with a smirk. "Sorry Kenji, but I'm going with (Y/n) Yasmina said, pushing past Sammy and pulling (Y/n) by her hand to another Kayak. "Let's go girl. We can tie Ben and Bumpy to our Kayak." She said, grabbing a rope and attaching one end of it to Ben and Bumpy's Kayak, and the other to their Kayak. They helped Ben get Bumpy into his kayak, before seating themselves in their's. (Y/n) sat in the front, while Yasmina sat in the back. Brooklynn and Kenji got into one Kayak, and Sammy and Darius got into another. Then they were off. After a few minutes of paddling, Brooklynn spoke up. "Hey? The cave's getting bigger... and brighter?" She said, and she wasn't wrong. The algae was glowing, and that lit up the cave. The algea also lit up a waterfall, making it look beautiful. Yasmina reached out to touch the waterfall as (Y/n) looked at her from behind. "I'm sorry you had to go through that." She spoke up, making Yasmina look at her. "Being betrayed by someone you thought you could trust, I mean. "She added, making Yasmina frown, as the two kept paddling. "I mean, I don't have many friends. Being apart of a Raptor pack will do that to you. I can only imagine how you must feel." She continued. "You don't have friends? I  though everyone would die at the chance to be friends with raptor girl. Not literally, but you know what I mean." Yasmina commented, making (Y/n) chuckle. "Oh, you'd be surprised." She said, as the two fell into silence. "Look, now may not be the best time, and you don't even have to answer, but if you want, we can, you know, look out for each other? We don't have to be friends, but, if you're willing to trust me, I'll have your back in everything." (Y/n) said looking at Yasmina with a soft smile, who only returned that smile with a shocked look. Yasmina looked at the water for a second, before smiling softly and looking at her. "I'll have your back too... friend." She said, putting a hand on (Y/n)'s shoulders, before the two began paddling again. 
      "You guys, should the algae be moving? Sammy asked, making everyone look to the side. Sammy was right, in a way. The algae was moving, only it wasn't algae. "Don't worry guys! They're herbivores!" Darius said, to keep the others from freaking out. "This is incredible! Dr. Wu must have put the bio-luminescent genes into these Parasaurolophuses!" (Y/n) commented, as the dinos looked at the kids. Bumpy squealed, catching the dinos' attention, and making them approach the kayaks. It was okay for a minute or two, before the parasaurolophuses began to attack/rock the kayaks, freaking the kids out. They screamed in fear as the dinosaurs surrounded them and attacked their Kayaks, but then everything went silent. The Parasaurolophuses all looked ahead at a dark tunnel, before one roared, and they all left. The kayaks carried the kids down the tunnel, and they lost sight of each other. 
      "Uh cool kids to nerds and (N/n! Where are you?" Kenji asked, looking around to try and spot them. "Over here! I think something scared the Parasaurolophuses away!" Darius answered, as (Y/n) looked at the water. "Um, guys? If we stopped paddling, how come we're still moving?" She asked, slightly worried. Darius tried to make stuff out in the dark, and then gasped. "Guys! Paddle backwards! There's a current taking us to a different path!" He yelled frantically, leading everyone to begin paddling backwards. This proofed to no avail, however, because the current was too strong, and pulled them all into a tunnel. They screamed as they went down it, before existing out into the outside. Once they were all out, they caught their breath and looked around. "We're okay! We're okay!" Benn said, making Sammy laugh with relief, and the others sigh with a smile. All except for Kenji who, who had put on his shades to see better. "What?!" He gasped, picking up his oar in fear. "Why'd you gasp? It didn't sound like a good gasp!" Ben commented, as Kenji looked around frantically. "Because I know exactly where we are, guys." He said, with fear laced in his voice. "We're in the Jurassic World Lagoon. And so is... the Mosasaurus." He said, whispering the new dinosaurs name.  The others, however, heard him, and gasped in fear once they realized the danger they were in.
      "I assume the Mosasaurus is some kind of giant fish dinosaur that's gonna try and eat us?" Ben asked nervously as he and the others all looked in the water. They heard a low growling, and Darius yelped when he saw giant tail poke out from the water. "It's circling, testing us. It's acting like a shark." (Y/n) explained, as they all watched the creature circle their kayaks. "We're intruders in its domain, and its investigating us. Before it gets confident and decides to... to...." She trailed off, not wanting to finish her sentence. Th Mosasaurus snarled, making Ben whimper, and Bumpy squeal. "This is bad." Brooklynn said. "We have to get out now!" Kenji said frantically. Darius pointed to the spectator's stands. "There's a ladder by the spectator's stands!" He said, making Kenji scoff. "How are we gonna--" "Y'all?" Sammy asked nervously, cutting Kenji off. Seconds after, the Mosasaurus swam under them, and that was enough for them. "Paddle! Go, go, go!" (Y/n) said as she, Yasmina, and the others all started paddling towards the spectator stands. "This is not how Kenji wanted to go out!" Kenji yelled. "This isn't on my to-do list either!" Yasmina fussed, as she continued to paddle. Kenji and Brooklynn made it first, and watched as the other's tried to make it. 
      Upon hearing Darius and Sammy struggling, (Y/n) and Yasmina looked behind them to see the Mosasaurus hot on Darius and Sammy's tails. "No!" Yasmina muttered, as (Y/n) looked ahead to try and come up with a plan. She spotted a pole with a small ledge. "I've got an idea. Paddle to that pole!" She said, and Yasmina followed her order. When they got there, (Y/n) stood on the ledge and pulled Yasmina up, before untying their Kayak from Ben and Bumpy's. "What are you two doing?!" Ben asked, as (Y/n) finished untying the rope. Yasmina used her oar to push Ben and Bumpy towards the stands. "Whatever you do, don't stop paddling!" She said as he and Bumpy began to paddle to the stands. Then (Y/n) and Yasmina looked at each other. "On the count of three, we start hitting this pole with out oars, and yelling. Do anything you can to distract the Mosasaurus!" She said, making Yasmina nod. They watched as Sammy and Darius passed them, and got ready to hit the pole. "One... two... three!" (Y/n) counted down, and the girls began making as much noise as they could. They hit the pole and yelled as loud as they could, trying to get the Mosasaurus' attention. After a few seconds of this, the Mosasaurus noticed them, and began heading in their direction. "Yes!" The girls cheered. The others cheered too when they saw that the girls' plan worked, but then a dreadful realization set in as the Mosasaurus got closer.
      "I did not think this through...." (Y/n) muttered as she watched the creature. Quickly, the girls tried to get to their Kayak, only to see that it had floated away. "What are we gonna do now?" Yasmina asked, making (Y/n) look around for a solution. While this was going on, Kenji had approached some control panels, and made the chain start to rise. "Grab the chain!" He yelled at the two, who through their paddles into the water. (Y/n) held onto the chain and wrapped it around her waist. She then hung upside down and wrapped her legs around the chain, before reaching for Yasmina. "Grab my hands!" She yelled. Yasmina gave an unsure look, before jumping off the platform and grabbing both of (Y/n)'s hands. Then the chain started moving towards the stands. However, it was going very slow, and the Mosasaurus was catching up. (Y/n) looked between the stands and the Mosasaurus. "Yaz! Start swinging! I'm going to try and throw you to the stands!" She said. "But what about0--" "Just do it!" Yasmina began swinging back and forth, and with all her might, (Y/n) threw Yasmina to safety. However, this came at the cost of Yasmina injuring her ankle. Unwrapping the chain from around her waist, (Y/n) began to try and swing too, but the Mosasaurus leaped out of the water and snapped the wire that the chain holding (Y/n) was attached to. This sent (Y/n) flying to the stands. She landed next to Yasmina, but ended up injuring her wrist. "Yasmina! (Y/n)!" Sammy yelled as she and the others ran towards the two. "I'm okay!" Yasmina whimpered. She touched her ankle but flinched from the pain. "I think...." She muttered. "(Y/n)! Are you okay?" Kenji asked, bending on one knee to help the girl up. "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. I just--Ahh!" (Y/n) let out a cry of pain as Kenji held her right wrist. The sudden cry made Kenji let go of the wrist. "--injured my wrist...." (Y/n) muttered, holding her right arm close to her chest. "Uh, guys? Where'd everyone go?" Ben asked, making the group look around and find no people. "Let's split up. See if we can find anybody in the area. Yasmina, you think you can sit here for a little bit?" (Y/n) said, trying to ignore the pain in her wrist. "Y-yeah. I'll be fine." The girl responded, and then everyone split up to go look for people.
      After a few minutes of looking, no one found any people. Now they were just kind of sitting around. (Y/n) walked back over to Yasmina, and sat down next to her. Yasmina whimpered in pain as she clutched her ankle, and (Y/n) held her wrist tightly, trying to somehow numb the pain. Sammy walked over to them and smiled, making them both look up at her. "Thank you. For saving us, for saving me!" Sammy started, kneeling next to Yasmina. (Y/n) looked at the ground and didn't say anything. "That was amazing. You two are amazing-" "Stop!" Yasmina cut Sammy off, standing up and grunting through the pain. "We may need each other to stay alive, but don't for a second think that makes us friends again. Because we are not, and we will never be." She continued, glaring at a shocked Sammy, before limping away.  "Come on, (Y/n)." She muttered to the girl next to her, who stood up and followed her. They walked to the other side of the stands before sitting down. "You know, I never thought I'd end up here. In this situation." (Y/n) spoke up, making Yasmina look at her. "What do you mean?" She asked. "Well, just a few days ago, I was training with my pack. Now I'm here, with no pack or brother in sight, and I have an Injured wrist." She said, making Yasmina nod in agreement. "Do you miss them?" She asked, making (Y/n) look at Yasmina with a confused look. "You're Raptors, and brother. Do you miss them?" She clarified. "Of course I do. I hope they're all okay." (Y/n) muttered, pulling her knees to her chest. Yasmina looked at her, before putting a comforting hand on her shoulder. "I don't understand how you can love four vicious predators like that, but... I'm sure you'll see them all again soon." She said, making (Y/n) give her a small smile, which she returned. It was quiet for a few more minutes, as the girls looked at the sunset past the walls of the Jurassic World Lagoon. For a moment it was peaceful. Like they had no reason to be worried. But then, a loud siren began blaring, catching everyone's attention. "This... can't... be... good...." (Y/n) muttered as the sirens continued to blare.