Chapter 4

After Victoria explained to Akoni what toothpaste was, she and Akoni decided to go shopping. Not in public, of course, oh no. Victoria took out her laptop and went on a unique clothes shopping website. Akoni stepped in to pick the first outfit. "No no no." Victoria giggled as Akoni rapidly pressed African outfits.  "If you are staying in America, you have to dress American." She added. When they were done shopping, filled with giggles and laughter, Akoni went to bed. Akoni slept on a comfortably made bed on the rug. Victoria needed to think over things, so she sad against her bedframe on the floor watching television and reading a bit of the bible. Suddenly, one of those World Vision commericals came on the television. Her eyes watered  as she watched the poor hungry children with a look of desperation in their eyes. All of the sudden, the television turned off. "That's strange," Victoria whispered. Looking down at her bible, which happened to be turned to the verse, (I  can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.) She looked at Akoni, sleeping there, filled up from the meal she had made him earlier. It hit her. " I think the Lord is calling me to be a missionary." She whispered to herself. She prayed and prayed all night. When she woke up, there was Akoni, wide awake at her side. She couldn't wait to tell him.