Prologue

Sofia knew that jumping to conclusions can lead to trouble. That's why it's important to get all the facts. If even one detail is left out, the story will look different from what it really is. Sofia knew that her stepfather and stepsister had done that many times before. In fact, she remembered once when Amber jumped to conclusions and caused an uproar.

It was a beautiful day in Enchancia, and Amber was with Princess Hildegard, an old classmate from Royal Prep.

"How's everything in the School of Royal Fashions, Hildy?" Amber asked.

"Just magnificent, Amber," Hildegard smiled. "We're taking designing and modeling classes." She and Amber passed by Sofia's bedroom, and she couldn't help but take a peek through the door.

Inside Sofia's bedroom, she was with a few classmates, one of them being Rafael. Apparently, Sofia had a big bouquet of what looked like frozen roses in a vase on her desk, and she was hugging Rafael, much to Hildegard's shock.

"Amber, did you see that?" Hildegard gasped. "Sofia just hugged that boy!"

"Rafael?" Amber asked.

"If Sofia is hugging a boy other than James or Hugo, this can only mean one thing: she's cheating on him!" Hildegard screeched.

"Hildegard!" Amber snapped.

Apparently, Hildegard shouted that loudly enough for Sofia to hear. "Hildegard?" she called.

Hildegard and Amber went into Sofia's room, and the latter was rather confused.

"Sofia, you're going to be in so much trouble—wait until Hugo finds out," Hildegard smirked.

"Finds out what?" Linda asked.

"That boy gave you flowers, and you were hugging him," Hildegard declared. "Hugo is going to make you transfer schools when he finds out you're cheating on him!"

Everyone gasped in shock at what Hildegard just said.

"I am not!" Sofia growled. "These roses aren't even for me—they're for Hugo."

"Hugo? Why?" Hildegard asked.

"I told you earlier in the week, Hildy," Sofia frowned. "Hugo has been out this week with chicken pox, and we're giving him these flowers and this card." She held up a card with a snowflake over a heart on the cover.

Hildegard was a little embarrassed. "Oh, is that so?" she asked sheepishly.

"Yes, it is," Rafael glared. "Just so you know, I was hugging Sofia because I was consoling her—she may have already had chicken pox as a baby, but she hasn't been able to hang with Hugo. Since he's not contagious and his quarantine is over, she's going to visit him today."

Amber angrily turned to Hildegard and said, "You should've talked to Sofia instead of jumping to conclusions like that."

"You're lucky you found out the truth before blabbing that big fat lie to Hugo," Karen frowned.

"Not like you, Amber, and an incident involving Hugo at Royal Prep," Sofia recalled. "You should've learned that lesson a long time ago."

"What incident?" Linda asked.

"It happened not too long after my first Dads and Daughters field trip," Sofia recalled.

This happened when Sofia and her friends were still at Royal Prep. It was after that Dads and Daughters field trip. Sofia's amulet was still purple, so that meant Princess Elena was still trapped inside it. Also, Hugo wasn't Sofia's boyfriend and didn't get his reading glasses yet, and Amber was still a bit spoiled at this time and envied Sofia's friendship with Hugo. Plus, Sofia didn't know about the Mystic Isles, nor did she become a Protector just yet.