Weddings, Legacies & Returns!

Well, one year has passed and the buzz and excitement in Forks Washington is palpable. Alistair and I have just come back from our world tour. In one week the wedding or should that be weddings of the century are taking place. Charlie and Kelly, Rhona and Embry, Alistair and I are all tying the knot in a massive triple wedding. Alice was beside herself with glee at making all three wedding dresses, to reflect the wearer. Rose was the most efficient wedding planner anyone had ever met, with Rhona as her assistant and Esme had outdone herself in the decorating of the venue.

The whole town was involved, the humans, shifters and vampires had come together to make this the event to top all events. The three spectacular bride's dresses have lace overlays depicting their heritage; Rhona's has large swans, coast rhododendrons, the official flower of Washington, but with a wolf hidden amongst their foliage for her future. Kelly's has kwalla the mighty whale, bayak the raven for her Quileute heritage, coast rhododendrons and little swans for her future. Mine has Thistles, Scotland's national flower, large swans and between them what looks like little teardrops, but are actually drops of blood to represent my vampire side and future. They are stunning and so subtle that the humans are unaware of any supernatural connotations.

The Cullens have decided to move on after the school year ends and are gifting the land and house to the Quileute's for perpetuity. This is for two reasons, one to stop the involuntary phasing of the tribe's young men and two to give them a solid future, the house is becoming a heritage centre and museum on one floor but the rest will be run as a guest house and a way to make money from tourism. The little cottage will become the home of whoever the caretakers of the big house are. As the business grows they can build cabins as well for self-catering.

I am using the foundation to back them until they are on their feet and self-sufficient, this is the least I can do for them, as they will be guarding my family from now on. Rhona wants to become a school teacher on the rez and Embry it turns out has a flair for cooking, so the will be attending college in Seattle to gain their qualifications. The trust will cover all the costs for their and other members of the tribe's education. This has been set up as an ongoing grant to the Quileute Nation.

What no one is aware of is that Alice saw a vision of the future where they will need our help and we have purchased something important to all lands surrounding the at present government-owned reservation, later we will be adding the same thing in relation to the rez as well. This will be invaluable to them in the far distant future.

So here we are, it's the big wedding day, Charlie is walking Rhona down the aisle first then taking his place beside Embry and Alistair, Kelly's son, Wade is walking her down and then Carlisle offered to walk me and I accepted graciously. Then Rev. Webber is to marry us all; afterwards outside the Shaman of the tribe will conduct a joining ceremony for Rhona and Embry as well as Charlie and Kelly. I was surprised to find that Rose had arranged an old Scottish custom for Alistair and me of a 'Celtic Handfasting' using tartan for the bindings, where we will vow

"Bidh mi a 'cur seachad an t-sìorraidheachd aig ur taobh" to each other.

It will be sad leaving as it always is for me, but this time, I would be staying in touch and staying part of the family. I have given the tribe my promise that if ever they need me, I will return, no matter when, after all, I have nothing but time. So we left for our return to Scotland and for me it was a very emotional time. It had been many years since I had had the chance to just stop and appreciate my surroundings.

We are going to live in the Highlands; this is a sparsely populated area, so it will give us the freedom to be ourselves without being overlooked. Scotland is a place of two halves, cities and town are densely populated but the Highlands and Islands are not. As is the case with the world, time passed and I made several trips back to Forks, first for the birth of Rhona and Embry son, Ewan Charles Call, I was very touched by this gesture. It was about that time that I myself became pregnant, we had been unsure if it would be possible as I was to my mind more vampire than human, but it was obvious this was going to be a very quick birth, even more so than my own was, six weeks to the day.

Alistair always wanted to name his sons if he had any after his cousin by marriage Robert and also after his good friend William, he just never expected to have to wait seven hundred years to do so, so we welcomed into the world, my twin sons, Bruce and Wallace Frasier, named after two of the most important men in Scottish history. The shocker this time was they were both venomous, so when the reached puberty like me at six years old, their venom actually kick in and started the change in them and now they are both full vampires, this was, we found out by researching because they were more like seventy-five percent vampire twenty-five human, not fifty, fifty like me.

We decided not to have any more for now as it had been quite traumatic for me, having two at once, imagine if I'd been human! It doesn't bear thinking about. My second return to Forks was on a sadder note many years later for the funeral of Charlie, I posed as my own daughter for this visit. This went on over the years as family members and friends died, next being Billy, Kelly and then years later Rhona and lastly Embry. On each visit, I reminded the tribe that we were but a phone call away if ever needed.

Bidh mi a 'cur seachad an t-sìorraidheachd aig ur taobh - I will spend eternity at your side (Scots Gaelic)