Chapter 1

"Grace! Wake up!" my mom yelled.

"5 more minutes Mom!" I yelled back.

"No get up now! We have to meet the new neighbors in 10 minutes and they have a 2 kids and ones your age so you have to come with us! Get up!" Mom yelled.

"Okay okay!" I yelled.

I got up and got dressed into a light blue crop top and short shorts. I put my hair into a ponytail and wore a bandana headband. Along with that i put on my favorite shoes, my black converses. I didn't bother putting make-up there was no need too. I was just meeting my new neighbors.

I got my bag, which is a batman bag by the way and grabbed some stuff incase you know the neighbor's kid is boring. So I grabbed the book I'm currently reading, The Hunger Games and I grabbed my phone obviously, I mean what girl leaves her phone at home.

Once I got my stuff together I walked out the door with my mom and we walked to the neighbor's house. My mom had a cake that said welcome on it and I just had my bag hanging on my shoulder.

"Grace please knock on the door," my mom said as we walked to the door. I nodded my head in reply and as I nodded I knocked on the door.

We were greeted by a man and a woman.

"Hello you must be the Rileys. I am Lisa and this is my husband Patrick," the woman said.

"Hello, I'm Jenna. This is my daughter Grace ,"my mom said.

"Our daughter, Julia isn't here right now, but Dylan is in his room. It's down the hall to the left," Lisa said.

"Dylan! The neighbor's daughter is here!" Patrick said.

I walked down the hall and into his room.

"It looks like we are stuck together for a few hours," I said.

"Yeah I guess so. I'm Dylan O'Brien," the boy said.

"I'm Grace Riley," I said as we shook hands.

He looked at me up and down and said," How you doing?"

I giggled and said,"So you watch "Friends" too I assume."

"Yup," He said.

"I think we are going to be best friends,"I said.

"Yup," he said.

*****

That's when we were 12. That was the day we met. The day we became best friends.

********
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
How do you guys like it?

Comment
Vote

Thanks

~m