CHAPTER 37 - ❝we have to figure out how we're going to get out of here❞

Start from the beginning

“Where am I going?” I ask trying to shrug his hand off, but he tightened his grip around my wrist.

He doesn’t answer me.

“Where are you taking her?” Antonio growls, getting up from the bed but Vincent pulls out a knife from his pocket and presses it to my neck.

My brother steps backward with his hands up in the air.

Vincent chukles. “The two of you sure are stupid…” He laughs. “Did you really think that I’d leave the two of you here to plot your escape together?”

I swear my heart stopped beating.

There goes our only chance of escaping; it slipped right through our fingers.

I squirm underneath the blade he has held against my neck and when he started to back out of the door, the blade slices me but not enough to draw blood, but enough for it to sting like a paper cut.

“It’s okay, Antonio.” I tell him over my shoulder, wincing when the blade cut deeper into my skin, just enough to draw blood. “I just got you back so don’t do anything to jeopardize that.”

Vincent leads me out of the room and closes the door behind us before he locks my brother inside. With every step I took away from my brother, I started to feel sicker and sicker to the stomach up to a point where I started to feel nauseous. I could throw up all over the wooden floors down below.

I already lost Antonio once, I won’t lose him again, so I just had to obey Vincent before he really kills the two of us before we could plan our escape.

Vincent leads me down the hallway before he turns sharply to the left. There was another room in front of us and he didn’t hesitate before he nudged me inside of the unfamiliar room.

He closes the door behind him and locks it without saying anything else.

I look around the room and see nothing I can use to open the locked door, like a paperclip or even a hairpin.

Luck was definitely not on my side this time, not that it ever was.

I walk around the room, trying to see if there was anything, anything I can use to open the door but I give up after a while of endless searching and finding nothing I can use.

There was absolutely nothing in the room except for a single bed, a nightstand with a lamp sitting on top of it and one window that was a few storeys up.

So my chances of jumping through the window is a no-no, not unless I want to break a few bones and still attempt to get my brother out of here in one piece without getting shot to death.

I don’t know for how long I waited, sitting on the bed, but the door to the room unlocks again and Diablo steps through looking as smug as always.

He closes the door behind him as he enters but he never locks it—he doesn’t have a key. He doesn’t even have anything on him I can use to unlock the door.

“Aren’t you supposed to be at school or something?” I ask him, rolling my eyes when he sits down right next to me on the bed, his knee brushing mine in the process.

“Aren’t you?” He backfires, but then chuckles. “Oh, guess not.”

“Here to taunt me some more, Diablo?” I ask him, watching how he taps his fingers on his thigh while he looks at me with his signature smirk. “You knew what your brother was planning all along but you didn’t even tell me. You’re just as evil as he is.”

“I never said that I wasn’t evil.”

“I thought you had some heart, but I was clearly wrong.”