Chapter 7 - The Gentleman

Ashley's POV

Kris and I arrive in his condo silently. After the unbearable scenario at the restaurant, my sanity is becoming more and more unstable.

Aishh! Why did I even enter this suicidal, crazy job anyway?

You needed the money, remember? My mind chides me.

I sigh heavily as I sit on my bed. Thank God, Kris hasn't been a pain in the ass lately. At least, not for now. God knows what prickliness his mind is up to.

I throw myself in my bed and let my mind wander. After minutes of lying like a madwoman, I decide to take a walk around the neighborhood. I stand up and remove my makeup with a makeup remover and change my clothes into a pair of loose pants, a lousy gray shirt that read 'This is my last clean shirt' and a pair of sneakers. I leave my hair as it is and glide on my lip balm. I grab my iPod and walk out of my room.

"Where are you going?" Kris asks me as he notices me quickly heading out.

"Out." I reply. "I need to take a walk."

"What if you get lost?" Kris asks me, again.

I turn around and face him with a mind-your-own-goddamned-business look. "Am I a five year old kid?"

"No, but your height is." Kris answers me while holding back his laugh. He really is happy making fun of me.

The want to murder this asshole in front me quickly surges in my blood. I calmy exhale and give him an I-don't-care look.
"Whatever, prick." I tell him with a bitchy smile and bolt out in his condo. I put on my headset and press my iPod to play.

Staffs greet me as I arrive the first floor and get out of the building. I give them back either a smile or a nod.

It's so nice to be out, feeling the fresh air and just listening to my comfort music. The song 'Flightless Bird, American Mouth' by Iron & Wine really works wonders to me whenever I feel upset, depressed, or pressured.

I look around the neighborhood as I enjoy my afternoon walk. Not bad, after all. The building of the prick's condo is surrounded with small and cute family shops. There's a coffee shop, a noodle shop, a mini bar, a cute family diner, a mini grocery store and a small pharmacy. I guess I will never have a hard time looking for something whenever something is up. Things such as food, medicine and you know, sanitary napkins. Hehehe. :"D

I walk further down the street and find myself an ice cream shop named Iceland. I swear to God, I'm drooling like a dog by just staring at the families and little kids happily eating their ice creams topped with candies, marshmallows, choco sticks, and other sweets. By impulse, I enter the heaven sent ice cream shop and drool at the various ice cream flavors that the shop has. I excitedly read the different offers and upgrades the store also has.

Oh my God. I could live here and eat ice cream every mealtime forever.

"Excuse me, miss." The ice cream lady snaps me out of my reverie. "Can I help you?"

"Uhm.." I start to say. "I would like one serving of your super large bowl of melon ice cream topped with choco sticks, marshmallows and choco syrup."

"That would be $35, miss." The ice cream lady tells me.

I fish my pocket for my wallet.

Realization hits me like a ten-wheeler truck.

I didn't bring any money!

I start to panick when suddenly a man, probably about 5 ft and 9 inches tall or more, moves in front of me.