Chapter 17: The Changes Between Them

Start from the beginning

"So, how was your guys' break? Me and Peter were just talking about ours, but nothing really interesting happened during mine." Remus asked the trio that had entered the compartment only moments ago.

Sirius gasped dramatically. "How could you say that Moony?! You same us three over the break and we are anything but boring."

Remus rolled his eyes. "Get over yourself Padfoot. I said my break was overall uninteresting. And my time at Potter Manor was fun, but nothing all that exciting happened while I was there."

"Oh Moony, if only you had come a few days earlier. You missed all the interesting and exciting drama by a couple of days." Everyone turned to look at James. Both Jaz and Sirius were glaring at him both mentally telling him to shut up. He was ruining their plan, as well as his own, but they didn't know that. James, on the other hand, decided to throw away his old plan and just tell the other two right then and there what happened over the break. The reactions from Sirius and Jasmine were just too good to pass up.

Remus, meanwhile, was looking at James curiously wondering what he could have possibly missed and why they didn't tell him about it when he was there. He voiced his first question, "What are you talking about Prongs? What did I miss?"

James flashed the couple a smirk, which was met with glares from both of them, but he didn't care. "You see my dear, Moony, the planets aligned and just for one moment, Lily actually agreed to let me escort her to the annual Potter Christmas Ball this year. I even got her to dance with me."

Jasmine and Sirius stared at James in disbelief. They were so sure that he was about to ruin their entire plan that they had come up with last night, but then he didn't. They both let out a sigh of relief, but it was a bit premature as they weren't exactly out of the woods yet.

Remus and Peter were also staring at James in disbelief, but for an entirely different reason than the other two. They were both astounded that Lily had actually gave James the time of day after everything that happened with them. But after shaking off the shock and disbelief, Remus remembered that James had said he should have come a few days earlier, but the ball would have been a few days after he had come to Potter Manor. He knew that what James told them, although surprising and probably pretty dramatic knowing the two of them, that the ball was not what James originally wanted to say. And Remus wanted to know what had happened the days leading up to him coming over, so he voiced his thoughts once again. "Well, that in itself sounds like it was filled with drama, but you said, 'if you only came a few days earlier' and the ball was after I came over to Potter Manor. So, what happened in the days leading up to my visit, James?"

"Oh, I did, didn't I?" James had a mischievous glint in his eyes that the couple clearly saw. They knew they were doomed now. There was no way that James wasn't going to tell them now. He had planned for Remus to realize his mistake. "Well then," James continued, "I guess I should tell you happened before you came over, but I think the new couple, Sazzy should tell you. Don't you think, Sazzy?" With that last question he turned to Sirius and Jasmine to get their response.

Sirius and Jasmine knew it was hopeless to get out of this situation without telling them what happened over the break. There was no way that James would let them either. So, they turned to each other and agreed that they would both tell the story starting from the day before which is really what started it all in the first place. Although during their silent conversation, Jasmine was still hesitant to tell the other two boys about her family life prior to moving in with Lily, but Sirius grabbed her hand and squeezed it to reassure her. He would be there for her no matter what. Plus, Sirius believed the boys would be very understanding of what happened in Jasmine's life. They were understanding when Sirius told them about his home life, well the parts that he had told them.