Chapter 11 - The Detention with Malfoy

Start from the beginning

Before I could say anything to him, I looked over to his shoulder on a wall.

"The Chamber of Secrets have been opened. Enemies of the heir... Beware" it was written in blood. Draco immediately noticed the change in my posture and the look on my face. He turned around to see, his demeanor quickly calming down. He looked at me, released my arm and softly grabbed my hand and pulled me in the other direction and ran. I didn't realize what was happening.

He had already pulled me into the way to the dungeons again instead of going to the kitchen. "Now listen and look at me." he cupped my face with his hands, I quickly snapped and calmed down and looked at him. He had the most concerned look on his face. "We were never there, if anyone asks, tell them about the detention. Do you understand me?" he said calmly. I nodded, I didn't tell him that my forearm was paining, he didn't need to know. No one did.

He quickly wiped off the dirt that was on my nose with his thumb. He realized that I was still shaking, he offered to walk with me to my common room. And I wasn't going to walk alone, so he tagged along. As soon as we reached my common room. He again looked at me and put his hand under my chin, making me face him and looking up. "Now, I say it again, be careful and stay safe." He slightly kissed my forehead and headed towards the dungeons.

Draco's POV

I was in The Great Hall, sitting with Crabbe and Goyle, when I realized that it was time for detention, and I was kind of glad, that I had detention with her. The only reason I told my father about it, because I knew it was just first offence and Dumbledore would let her off with a warning, but I wanted to spend more time with me. Better me than that Rafael boy.

I stood up and went over to the Gryffindor table, which I dreaded. I put a hand on her shoulder and said, "Let's go, Middleton! I don't want to get into another detention with you because you were late." She jerked my hand off of her shoulder and stood up and we went to the potion's classroom in the dungeons.

Snape had ordered us to clean the classroom, which again was the work of servants, I was angry and dreading it, until I saw Olivia put her hair into a messy bun, she looked cute, with two of her hair strands coming down till her jaw.

"I'll take the top, continue with the bottom." she told me rather coldly. I guess I deserved it.

"And who are you to tell me what to do, you filthy little m-" I said but she cut me off. "Don't you dare complete that sentence Malfoy, if you do, I will not promise what will be broken and I do not mind sitting in detention again" she stated gritting her teeth and pointing her finger at me.

It was kind of nice, to see her in control.

"I just don't understand, why you have to so cruel, towards me or my friends. We've done nothing to you or your goons" she said dusting on one of the cupboards with an old cloth. I was looking at her from the bottom and her clothes and face were covered in dust.

"Yeah, well-" before I could say anything her ladder lost its balance making her fall from the topmost stair of it, with nowhere to hold onto. I thought she was gonna get a blow to her head if she fell, and definitely a few broken bones. But before she could hit the ground and hurt herself, I swiftly caught her in my arms. Her eyes were still close from the fear of falling. I was already staring at her, she slowly opened her beautiful purple eyes and saw me staring at her, like I was lost in her eyes, which I was. I could get lost in her. We kept staring at each other, until we were interrupted by the clock's bell.

I helped her stand on her feet and dusted off any dust and straightened any crumble I had on my robe. The top was done and the bottom was also almost done, so she helped me complete the bottom, why would she help me? She was done with her part, she could've just left, but she didn't.

"Off you both go, dinner is already over, ask the house elves to give you something, since you missed dinner" he said with a look of concern in his eyes and we left the room, still not speaking to each other.

As soon as were out of the dungeons, we were both embarrassed with what had just happened, but after a lot of minutes in silence, she spoke up and asked "Why did you do it?"

"Why did I do what?" I said, still not looking at her.

"Save me, I mean you could've easily let me fall and hurt myself" she said and it hurt me. Why did it hurt me?

"Let you fall? Are you kidding me? You could've had a blow to your head, hard and definitely no less than 5 broken bones in your body, if you had fallen. And you really think that I'm that harsh, that I would let a lady fall?" I said, harshly holding her arm and making her face me. Our faces were close. Why did I save her? I didn't have any answer for her question.

Before she could say anything to me, she looked over to my shoulder on a wall. Her eyes froze and her body started shaking.

"The Chamber of Secrets have been opened. Enemies of the heir... Beware" it was written in blood. I immediately noticed the change in her posture and the look on her face. I turned around to see, my demeanor quickly calming down. I was scared too, but I couldn't let her know that. I looked at her, released her arm and softly grabbed her hand and pulled her in the other direction and ran. I could hear footsteps, so my first instinct was to take her near the dungeons.

"Now listen and look at me." I gently cupped her face with my hands. "We were never there, if anyone asks, tell them about the detention. Do you understand me?" I said calmly. She nodded.

I quickly wiped off the dirt that was on her nose with my thumb. I realized that she was still shaking, so I offered to walk with her to her common room. And even if she disagreed, I wasn't letting her walk alone in such a state, but to my surprise, she nodded. As soon as we reached her common room. I again looked at her and put my hand under her chin, making her face me and looking up. "Now, I say it again, be careful and stay safe." I slightly kissed her forehead and headed towards the dungeons. I didn't know what got over me, but I had to. She was scared and shaking, I couldn't just leave her there by herself.

Olivia's POV

I quickly went in the room and the trio was already in there. Harry saw me and came up to me and said, "Liv, are you okay?" he looked concerned. I brushed it off, "Um, yes, just Snape made us clean his whole classroom, top to bottom."

"I hope Malfoy didn't mess with you, Liv" Mione said looking at me in concern.

Hermione and I went up to our dorm and I told her everything that happened in detention and after it, I knew that she would not like it, but I had to tell her.

"Malfoy, he did that? He saved you? And walked you to our common room?" I simply nodded. I told her not to think too much about it and just go to sleep, which I should've told myself too. Because I couldn't sleep that night, I kept tossing and turning in my bed.