Leia let go of Han's hand and curtsied.

The Vallians stood and surveyed the small group before breaking into cheek splitting grins. Long canines glinted white and they greeted happily, "Heroes!" in a heavy accent which sounded more like "Hevoes!".

"Welcome, we cannot possibly thank you all enough for what you have done," the Vallian with the chin markings and short curled hair spoke. Her accent wasn't as heavy as she spoke Galactic Basic. Leia had had some lessons in the Vallian language, but it wouldn't have been enough to hold a conversation on this occasion, and so the New Republic and the Vallian leadership had decided on Galactic Basic.

"No, thank you for inviting us. This place is very beautiful," she smiled and placed a hand upon her chest.

The Vallians grinned and the longer haired one spoke. "Not compared to Zelenodovi, no."

Zelenodovi or The Green House was Vallen's capitol building. It was where the Heads-of-State resided, as well as Vallen's royalty.

"I am Feli," the one with the markings said, "and this right here is Chesna. She is my dattā-tog." Leia recognized that word. It usually could mean: lover, partner, spouse, and in some cases, soulmate. "And we are the Sages. We're here to make sure you get to the Zelenodovi in one piece." Leia and Andromeda laughed, but Han and Luke couldn't help but exchange a look.

"Come! Come!" beckoned Chesna, who looked to be about as eager as Leia felt. They lead them through the village. People sat outside of their houses and waved flags of the rebellion as they passed. The setting sun did nothing to darken the people's moods as shouts of "Heroes!", "Jedi!" and even a "General" for Han filled the air. No one could stop themselves from smiling, the only exception being the small human in Han's arms. He had his nose scrunched in confusion; he couldn't seem to get past the "heroes" part of the cheer. Heroes? His family?

"Everyone here today will be attending us at Zelenodovi later," said Feli as the road turned steeper, "However we will be early. The Trip-Sestma have requested your audience in a much more private setting."

Luke's face turned down at this. The Trip-Sestma were the Heads-of-State of Vallen. Call him pessimistic but the last time he had to be alone with any leader of a political party, it had ended up with him being electrocuted.

"Trip-Sestma," he began loud enough for Chesna and Feli to hear, "that means Three-Sisters, right?".

The Sages nodded and Chesna yelled an immensely encouraging "Very good!" his way. 

Luke's smile found its way back to his face in no time. Andromeda gave him a poke in his rib, "You did the reading."

It was more a statement than a question. Luke had been so overwhelmed with the last of his training lately that Andromeda had feared he wouldn't be prepared to meet the people of Vallen. She gave him a proud smile.

"Well, I guess that means at least three of us actually know how to read," she teased, all three of them looking at Han.

"Hey," he whined, "that's not fair." Han reached a hand up to squeeze his son's cheek. "I'm pretty sure Ben here knows how to read at least a few words."

The group giggled as they made their way uphill. People still waved and cheered their way, after all this time the quartet were sure they'd never get used to all the attention. Even Leia and Andromeda, both trained in politics and in public service since they'd been able to speak, felt a little sheepish with praise.

Andromeda snuggled her arm into Luke's a bit more and pressed her nose into his sleeve. The cold had her cheeks and nose turning pink and Luke's ability to be a human furnace was greatly appreciated. Han huffed as their path turned steep and Leia wasted no time jamming her finger into his side. "Don't tell me you're getting old already?"