𝙎𝙖𝙡'𝙨 𝙋𝙞𝙯𝙯𝙖

Start from the beginning

"Family." She nods agreeing. The two women have a mutual understanding of family.

𝐆𝐢𝐨𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐬𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐤 𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐚 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐞, 𝐬𝐡𝐞 ate her walnuts and offered him some, which he declined, twice now.

"I'm good, Gio." He says.

"Okay, did you see the weird interaction between Rosa and Amy?" She asks him.

"Would you be jealous if I was promoted before you?" He asks her.

"No, I'd be cheering you on." She says, "plus I want to be an agent again, solve this case holding me back and leave."

"You're just going to leave us?" He asks her gasping dramatically. He knew her plan, she was just staying until she got the go head to go back to being an agent.

"I'm meant to be an agent, I've been training for this most of my life, I'm surprised you aren't one." She says.

"Too much hours, I like my free time." He says looking at her. "My dad was an agent, it wasn't fun. He was barley around."

Giovanna knew her siblings told her stories of their childhood how their parents were barley home, but she had it different, her parents weren't just agents when they had her, they were respected and had tittles. Her father turned doing being director to spend more time at home, and she had her parents around more, and older siblings who took care of her.

      𝐆𝐢𝐨𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐬𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐤 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 of her latest case as Rosa approaches Amy's desk. Rosa says, "Here's an itemized list of everything taken from the garden apartment."

Amy reads off the list, "TV, computer... "Ster-b-eo"? Uh-oh, spelling error. That's not very Captain-y." Giovanna cringes at Amy, and the way she was acting, she should be happy Rosa got offered the job. As fellow Latina women we should cheer each other on.

Rosa says, "Oh, my God, enough."

Amy asks, "I just think that you meant "stereo," not "ster-b-eo." Did you mean "ster-b-eo," Captain?"

"That's it. Get in my car, now. And if you say another word, I promise you, you will regret it. Come on Bernal." Rosa says, Giovanna grabs her things and walks to both of them. Giovanna wouldn't want to miss the showdown for nothing.

Amy says, "Aye aye, cap..." Rosa grabs her ear walking with her

"Aye Amy." Giovanna shakes her head following the two.

Amy says, "Ow, okay. Fine, I regret it. Ah... I'll go. I'm going."

   𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐚 𝐬𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐭, 𝐀𝐦𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 Giovanna in the back seat, enjoyed the leg space through out the drive.

Amy asks, "What's going on? Did you drive me out here to kill me?"

"Why would she take a witness?" Giovanna asks her, making Amy shoot her a dirty look.

Rosa says, "I thought about it, but then I put that thought on hold. I wanted to show you Ropesburg."

Amy asks, "This is Ropesburg?"

Rosa says, "You wanted this offer so badly, I thought I'd give you a chance at the job."

   𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐚, 𝐀𝐦𝐲, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐢𝐨𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐬𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐠 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐭, the town was quiet. Giovanna smiles a little seeing it attached to a bakery, and walks over to grab a pastry.