Eleven

A,N Shit is about to go down

TOM SYKES RECASTED AS OF OCT 2018. 

Introducing; Josh Duhamel as Thomas Sykes

--------------------------------------

On the jet back, me and Steve didn't talk or even share eye contact. I feel bad that I pissed him off that much, but he needs to get used to me getting my own missions outside of one's we do together.

Once we were back at SHIELD, I left ahead of Steve and went straight to give Fury the hard drive. I knocked on his door lightly.

"Come in." I heard and I opened the door going in and closing it behind me.

"I got what you asked for, Sir." I walked to his desk and held out the hard drive.

"Nice work, Gomez." He told me taking the hard drive. "Cap a bit pissed?" I sighed and nodded. "Do you think you did the right thing?" He asked and I nodded.

"Of course." I told him holding my hands behind my back.

"Then let him be pissed. You're doing your job. Which you've done for 70 years. He shouldn't be bossing you around." He ranted and I nodded agreeing. "Thank you for doing this." he said waving the hard drive in his hand.

"In a days work, sir." He smiled and I smiled back.

"I will be going out in an hour to see to something. I will only be a few hours but while I'm gone you're in charge here. You understand?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yes, sir."

"Good. You are dismissed." I nodded to him and then left his office. I saw Steve walking to the office so I ignored him and walked straight passed him. I could hear him calling my name but I ignored him. He wants to talk, he can apologize first.

After Fury, I went straight to my office. I normally change into my normal clothes after a mission but today I couldn't be arsed. I saw Tom at his desk outside my office before walking straight in to my office. Tom is now my secretary kind of person. He sits outside my office and tells me if I have someone who wants to see me or if there's anything important I should know. I didn't want a secretary but Tom would be out of a job it I didn't have one.

"Ashley." I heard Tom say behind me realizing I was back. He followed me into my office and shut the door behind him. "How the mission go?" He asked as I took my bo staff from my back and put in on my desk.

"Don't know why I bother telling you cause you probably already know?" I said turning to him.

"I honestly don't know this time." He said putting his hands up. I sighed and sat down at my desk and put my feet up on the desk.

"It went well. But Fury gave me a separate mission, which only I knew about. Once Steve found out he was pissed and is still pissed. I understand why he is a little bit but don't you think he needs to get used to the fact I get missions of my own that I need to do and he needs to work around that?" I ranted as Tom sat on a seat on the other side of my desk.

"He should get used to you getting your own missions, but you should have at least told him before you went in so he could actually work around it." He was right. I knew he was right, but Steve still should be apologizing to me. I sighed and got up going over to my weapons wall behind my desk and opened it to put my bo staff back in. My weapons wall has everything to my bo-staff to knives I could use. Again, Brock taught me the way of knives. "Changing the subject, Tony rang about an hour ago and wanted to talk to you." I turned to Tom and frowned.

"About what?" I asked him.

"I dunno, something to do with you and SHIELD. I told him you would call him back sometime tonight cause I know Fury's leaving you in charge whilst he goes out somewhere." I took my guns out my holders and put them in there place.