𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 | 𝟐𝟓

Zacznij od początku

"Be careful sweetheart!" Kendra's mother says worriedly, kissing her cheek. "I want you to be at home. Safe with me and your family Kendra. I can't do this anymore, hearing the news that there's something wrong with you and I'm not able to be there for you on time. This is the last time it will ever happen again, I want to be close with my daughter and that's on it. I want you to be home especially when It's Christmas time." She caresses Kendra's cheek. "Mama will take care of you." She stands up. "Ik hou van je." She kisses Kendra's head. Kendra turns her head, seeing Billie standing behind the window. "I will leave you both alone." She mumbles caressing Kendra's hand before walking away.

Right when Kendra's mother left, Billie walks inside the room, closing the door behind her. Kendra watched Billie walking towards her bed. Billie carefully sits on the corner of her bed, their fingers touched each other. "Hey, beautiful." Billie smiled, Kendra kept gazing at her. "Have you seen all the bears?" Billie stands back up showing Kendra all the teddy bears spread over the whole room. "The guys know how to be a gentleman." Billie chuckled sitting back down on the corner of the bed. Kendra looked away from Billie. Her smile faded, watching Kendra. "Hey, what's wrong," Billie asks touching her leg.

Kendra lifts her arm carefully, trying to grab the iPad that's lying on the table next to her. "Here, let me help you!" Billie immediately stands up and walks around the bed, she placed the iPad in Kendra's hands. She tapped on the note app and started to type something carefully. She slowly turns her iPad around and Billie got closer reading the words. "Stop looking at me, I'm ugly." Billie reads and frowns looking up at Kendra. "What. What do you mean? You aren't ugly! What are you talking about?" Billie says a little bewildered. Kendra turns her iPad back around and started typing again. She turns the iPad around for Billie to see. "I don't want my girlfriend to see me like this." Billie reads. She shook her head.

"Kendra," Billie mumbled. "Do you think that I dated you only for your looks? I love you Kendra, no matter what. You don't realize how much this hurts me when you think such a horrible thing about yourself." Kendra frowns at her. "You aren't ugly, you are a survivor and that's beautiful." Billie took Kendra's hand in hers. "I'm here for you. I won't let you down, I promise you. We are in this together." Kendra let Billie's hand go and typed something, turning back around to Billie. "I love you, William." Billie reads and laughs almost tearing up. "I love you too." She leans in and kisses Kendra's head softly.

******

Throughout the days, Kendra got a lot of visitors. She received more teddy bears, cards, and flowers. Kendra is transferred to the recovery department because her condition is getting better and better. Even though the recovery process is harder than she thought. She has her good and bad days. But that's generally known if you go through such a hard time.

"EVERYONE GET OUT!" Kendra screams and cries out, to the doctor and the therapists. Kendra felt the pressure of doing her exercises, even though she tries her best to walk on her own it doesn't work. "I can't do this anymore! Leave me alone." She lies back down in her bed, not facing them anymore. The doctor and therapist glanced at each other worried. Kendra's mother watched her daughter behind the window with tears in her eyes. She sees how beaten her daughter is and doesn't know what to. Maggie embraced her while Kendra's mother cried in her arms.

"I-I don't know what to do. I'm her mother but I feel so hopeless." She sniffs, Maggie caresses her back. "I just don't recognize my daughter anymore. I know she can do this but she's in so much pain. I want this all to be over for her." They pulled away from each other. Billie walks towards her and Kendra's mother, handing a tissue to Kendra's mother. "Thank you, sweetheart." She dried her tears. The doctors walk out of Kendra's room.