The endearing angels

• Dedicated to The lovely 26 endearing angels

We heard the blasting of gun shots and then there was dead silence. All of us were cowering at the back of our class in fear of what was approaching. The fear consumed us and we did not take noticed of the class door opening and that was when a young man stepped in with a rifle.  He started to mercilessly fire his bullets at us. The loud sound of metal emerging out from the gun and the impact of it penetrating our bodies was all we knew and then we have knock out.

A blinding bright white light was peering and shining brilliantly at us that causes our little eye lids to flutter open. The light was so bright that our eyes could hardly open fully when we saw a vision of a man emerging out from the bright white light. He was smiling at us and offering both his huge hands towards us to take it. We held hands with each other and together we formed a long train and the first one of us places our tiny hands into his huge palms as he brought us through this enormous wooden door. The sight beyond the wooden door was something that none of us have ever seen. It was splendiferously, immaculately beautiful. The floor was made from some glistering white transparent crystals that we could see through it to look down at another beautiful world down there but far from being compared to where we were. Suddenly, we realised that we are in someplace that is high up in the sky. There was a beautiful rainbow and we could effortlessly stretch our hands out to touch the vibrant colours that ran through it. The walls of this city were made out from glistening, glossy looking gold from the floor all the way up to a never ending horizon. There were twelve gates made from lustrous pearls and there was an angel guarding each gate. The man who took our hands brought us up to his throne. He asked us all to sit down. We gathered around him in circles and he spoke up in his gentle loving voice. My dearest children, you are now home. I will shower all of you with unconditional love and there will be no more pain, suffering, sadness or sickness ever in your lives again. He waves his hands and immediately the children look down at their tiny bodies and saw themselves glowing and radiating off a similar form of light like his and were all dressed in exquisite robes of blue, purple, pink, yellow and white. I have given all of you a new body, one that will not succumb to  sickness or be inflicted with pain. There will be happiness everyday of your lives. The children squealed in joy and started jumping and hopping around gleefully and then they saw the lovely teachers, principal and psychologist from their school. They were instantly gladdened to see familiar faces. They glided over to the man and asked him where our parents are? Can we see them? This time, the man had a change of expression from sheer happiness to one of pain and sorrow, more like he was distraught with grief. The children felt sad that their question has brought sadness to this kind man; they quickly said it’s alright if you can’t answer us now. The man looked at all of their innocent and lovely faces couldn’t bring himself to tell them the truth, he covered his face with the palms of his hands and took in a deep breath before he murmured, my children, all you were brutally slain in a massacre at your school today, I am Jesus, I have brought all of you home and I will reward all of you for your bravery and your teachers, principal and psychologist for their selflessness. It grieves my heart to see evil happening and one of my children committing a flagitious crime by slaughtering innocent lives but I love everyone as my children. With his growing melancholy, he spoke up again saying my child who has fallen short of my glory, will be judge by my father for his wrong doing, as it is clearly written in my book, Thou shall not murder. Dear children, your parents cannot be here with all of you now, but there will be a time when they will all be gathered here again to see, hug, kiss and reconcile with all of you. Realization suddenly dawned on the little angels that they have all perished in that merciless massacre by that brutal gun man, but deep in their tiny little hearts, lays an immensely big hearted kindness, they all spoke at the same time, dear Lord, and can we ask of you to forgive the man who killed us? Rivulets of tears were profusely streaming down Jesus’ face, he was astonished by the little angels’ generosity and kindness that he paused for a second before he spoke and say , everyone who has done wrong will be judge but if he repents , my father who is merciful will forgive him. The little angels were elated upon hearing his reply, as they mouthed, thank you Jesus.

Jesus then asked them , I will bless all of you with one wish each since your hearts are full of benevolence even for the one who have taken away all of your lives. The children started to raise up their hands waiting for Jesus to point at them, signalling them to speak. At the end of the twentieth child, Jesus enveloped all of them into his huge embrace and said all your wishes will be granted and he waved his hands at his angels, sending them off to earth to bring about the peace, love and strength to the parents and siblings of these little angels. Jesus looked up and muttered, do not also forget to offer the same comfort to the families of these teachers, principal and psychologist as all of them are my children. The simple wish from the children are, I want my parents to be happy and be strong and carry on their lives.

Jesus led the children, teachers, psychologist and principal to a gentle flowing stream, the soothing sound of the water ripples and the bright light that cascade over it made it look like a magical stream in an enchanted forest. Jesus told the group that this is the river of life and it is a source that provides water to all of them. The group noticed that beside the river, stood twelve trees each bearing different fruits and there were all kinds of animals roaming around freely ,carelessly, without the fear of being hunted down by other wild animals or hunters. Jesus told them that in heaven, there is no killing, every creation will feed on the fruits of these trees, no humans or animals shall hunt. The children spent the day running around the meadows, playing with the animals, animals that they have never dreamed of ever touching or playing with like the lions.

Jesus plucks a few fruits down from the tree and placed them in his palm, he looked up at the sky and made a silent prayer and then, there was bread, ginger and fruits of every kind in the world. He sat down on the meadow together with the children they made a brobdingnagian ginger bread house. Jesus gave them all a little envelope. They eagerly opened it and saw a lovely white card with pictures of candles, flowers, and a chorus of people singing with harps playing. The message inside wrote, to my dearest children, you are invited to celebrate my birthday with me this year and for all eternity on this special day call Christmas.

The children cried tears of happiness, as their little adorable faces brimmed with joy that they will be Celebrating Jesus’ birthday with him, how much more meaningful Christmas is for them from now on.

This novella is dedicated to these endearing angels:

*Charlotte Bacon 6

*Daniel Barden 7

*Olivia Engel 6

*Josephine Gay 7

*Ana Marquez - Greene 6

*Dylan Hockley 6

*Madeline Hsu 6

*Catherine Hubbard 6

*Chase Kowalski 7

*Jesse Lewis 6

*James Mattioli 6

*Grace McDonnell 7

*Emilie Parker 6

*Jack Pinto 6

*Noah Pozner 6

*Caroline Previdi 6

*Jessica Rekos 6

*Avielle Richman 6

*Benjamin Wheeler 6

*Allison Wyatt 6

*Victoria Soto 27

*Lauren Russeau 30

*Mary Sherlach 56

*Rachel D'Avino 29

*Anne Marie Murphy 52

*Dawn Hocksprung 47

 Dearest fans & readers,

I am just a mother who is shattered by this piece of heart wrenching news.

I am deeply saddened by the recent case of the tragic massacre of 26 innocent lives in Connecticut. I have penned the above novella, hoping that it would offer some form of comfort and console to the families of those who have been slain. I asked of those of you who happen to read this, to put aside your differences, regardless of nationalities, race, religion, age and gender to pray for the souls of these 26 angels to find rest in the arms of God in his heavenly kingdom. May the Lord be the providence of love, strength and peace to their parents during this arduous and melancholic time. Amen. Thank you.