Spencer had the same realization, keeping a stoic face as he internally screamed at himself for being so painfully obvious.

"Alright, Dr. Y/L/N, you've met everyone else by this point. The board decided our budget allowed for another person to join the team and Dr. Y/L/N is uniquely situated with her psychology PhD and her many publications in behavioral analysis to give us a new perspective," Hotch announced, walking towards Garcia and taking a folder from her hand.

You took the open seat next to Spencer, him glancing over at you with a small smile and the slightest pink tinge on his cheeks. "Alright guys, this ones a doozy," Garcia began. You listened to her explain the victims and the police's theories. After that, everyone gave their two cents about what they imagined this to be. You decided to sit back and see how things were done before throwing your hat in the ring.

"He has to be escalating if the timeline changed that drastically," Spencer commented, his eyes glazing the folder. You watched his carefully, memorizing every movement he made, from the way he brushed his hair out of his face to his tongue poking out as he concentrated. That was your favorite habit of his, it was just so darn cute. You shook your head, realizing you couldn't feel this way. He was now your coworker.

"Alright, wheels up in 30. Y/L/N, you brought a go-bag, yes?" Hotch said. You nodded, standing up and waiting for everyone to leave before exiting the room. You walked towards the desk that Hotch had told you was yours, which just happened to be directly across from a certain brown-haired man's. But he was missing.

Spencer scurried into the break room, reaching for the coffee pot. Not only did he missing his morning coffee throw him off, but you showing up made it even worse. He was so on edge that he nearly screamed as his coworkers appeared behind him.

"No worries, not like I almost went into cardiac arrest or anything," Spencer said sarcastically, stirring the sugar into his coffee as he reminded himself to breathe.

"Spencer?" Emily asked worriedly. "Is everything ok?"

Spencer nodded, taking a sip of his coffee. "Em, I'm fine."

"You sure? You never oversleep. And you never shake hands with people," JJ added.

"I had a late night, I was re-reading a book and I guess time just got away from me. And I forgot to charge my phone so my alarm didn't go off," he explained truthfully, or as truthfully as he could while still omitting all the details about you.

"And the hand-shake?" Derek asked, a grin plastered on his face.

"I was half asleep, I didn't even realize what I had done until afterwards," Spencer replied, taking another sip of his coffee.

"Boy genius, do you have a crush?" Morgan teased, making Spencer sputter.

"She is really pretty," Emily added, looking out fo the glass towards you as you sat at your desk reading. "Was that your lame attempt at flirting Reid?"

"Guys, I don't know what you're talking about. I'm not even fully awake yet," Spencer moaned, reaching for the coffee pot to refill his cup. The three agents shook their heads, not believing him, but leaving him to his caffeine.

You looked up and saw everyone was back at their desks. You knew they had gone in there to grill Spencer. What had he said? What could he have said? What was there to say? It wasn't like you guys were dating. You were just friends, and that's how it would stay. By some weird fluke you had ended up being chosen for the same team he worked on, now making you coworkers.

You shook your head, not trying to stress yourself out. You had one chapter left of this book, Spencer had recommended it last week and you were hoping to finish it before your weekly phone call on Wednesday. But you supposed you could discuss it earlier since you would be seeing a lot of him.

Your focus was broke as a cup of coffee was set down next to you. You looked up and smiled. "Thanks Spence," you muttered, lifting the brown liquid to your lips. "Perfect, just like always."

"I still don't understand how you drink it like that," he commented, reaching down and grabbing his go-bag. You mimicked his movements, closing your book and shoving it in your bag as you stood up, your coffee in your other hand.

"Not all of us have the metabolism of a humming bird," you teased, eliciting a small smile from him as the two if you stepped into the elevator.

Morgan watched you two carefully, turning to Emily. "He likes her," he announced, making the raven-haired woman laugh.

"I've never seen him look at a girl like that," she relented.

"Me either. I hope she doesn't hurt him," Morgan added, standing up. "Let's get to it. Another day, another crazy."

-

You and Spencer walked together, discussing monologues from different Shakespearean plays until you reached the jet, being the first ones on the tarmac. The stairs hadn't been lowered yet so you put your bag down and sidestepped. "We should talk, Spence," you said gently, your fingers lightly touching the back of his hand.

He looked over at you with concern. "I know what you're going to say," he commented. "But go for it."

"I don't think it's smart to start anything with me just joining the team," you whispered, hating that you had to say those words. He frowned but nodded, knowing you were right.

"Can we still hangout?" he asked quietly after a brief silence. You smiled, nodding.

"Of course," you replied immediately. "Who else am I going to find that would listen to me drone on about the symbolism of the color yellow in Grapes of Wrath without dying of boredom?" Spencer chuckled at the comment, bending down and grabbing both of your bags as the stairs opened. You followed him up, taking a seat next to him.

"Nothing you say could ever bore me."

-

I'm sorry but I promise I will make up for this.