Prologue: The Heart of the Sea

The Ocean is a vast space.

There lies the unknown.

The world that I have yet to see.

You, who seem so familiar with it.

Will you show me that world that is still a mystery to me?

*****

"Find me, before I eat myself."

Quickly saving the song after having listened to it a last time, a mushroom-haired male sighed as he put his headphones down.

Another song finally finished for his album.

This one, he was quite proud of as the instrumentals were nice to him.

Though now, he still had two more songs to write before he could announce his new album.

And he absolutely had no idea what to write about anymore.

Having written songs for so many years now and growing in popularity because of his unique compositions, you would think that it would be an easy task for Eve by now.

But he still had difficulties with calm songs as those were the songs requested to him by some of his animators who he was close to.

The problem was, he wasn't that used to writing calm songs and he also had no idea what to write about.

It has been some time already since he went out and Eve sighed as he stood up from his chair to go and feed the fish in his various aquarium tanks, his cat perking up when he saw how his owner had finally moved from one place.

Meowing loudly, he followed his owner happily, rubbing himself against the mushroom-haired male's leg as the male chuckled.

"I'm sorry, Naru-chan, I will fix us something to eat as well soon.", Eve said as the pink cat meowed once again happily, following the mushroom-haired male from the kitchen into the living room, where the fish were, back to the kitchen as he waited until a bowl of fish was placed in front of him, Naru's eyes sparkling before he dug in.

The musician could only smile as he watched him eat, crouching down as he watched him for a while.

Naru had been with him for almost two years now and until today, he didn't know what happened to the poor cat before he took him in.

The first time when he had met Naru, it was when he was taking a walk, only for him to spot a pink drenched cat at the shore.

Worried, Eve had taken him in until he would have found the owner.

But until today, he still hadn't found him so now Naru was living with him. Not that he minded, he had grown rather fond of the male cat quickly even though his fur color was quite unique.

At first, Eve thought it was some sort of hair dye. But after many months of keeping Naru, the mushroom-haired male found out that it was his natural fur color which fascinated the musician even more.

Snapping out of his thoughts, the mushroom-haired male decided to go and make him some food as well, walking to his fridge only to notice that it was empty.

"Hah... Not again...", Eve muttered as he let let out a sigh as Naru looked up from his plate and looked at the male confused, meowing as if asking the mushroom-haired male if something was wrong.

"Ah... It's nothing. It's just that my fridge is empty. Again.", the mushroom-haired male answered as the cat made some noises which almost sounded as if he was laughing at him which was obviously not possible but Eve could feel it already.