Chapter One: The Rise of an Empire

Today should have been an ordinary day. An ordinary day in 2020 is when people would enjoy watching a Netflix Series, try to appreciate what they have now, and enjoy the family that they still have.

Today was the day that everything changed.

Coronavirus rates spiked in Retroville, Indiana, and the town was required to be in lockdown once again, and the city ended up in a state of panic, getting supplies and whatnot, inexplicably resulting in the town's destruction after a panic-filled riot.

Countless thousands were murdered, and the names were still coming in.

At Area-86, he smiled sinisterly. It was too late to undo what he had done. His plan had gone perfectly, and everything would almost be completed. Professor Calamitous finally succeeded in what he wanted to do. Emotionally destroy Jimmy Neutron.

The figure of The Kids Next Door's new operative, Dexter: Boy Genius, leaned on the desk, looking at the Calamitous with a face demanding answers from him.

"The Mutated Virus!!" Dexter yelled, "Where'd you get it?!"

"Do you want one as well?" Calamitous asked sarcastically. "Copycat!"

Then, Dexter got angry and lifted him by by the collar, ready to tear a new one into Calamitous, until a blast came from his right.  Dexter could see his techno-gauntlet covered fists were clenched tight together, and could hear the angered breaths. Concerned, Dexter releases his grip on the Mad Scientist.

"Get. Away. From. Him." Jimmy shouted.

"I'm handling this!" Dexter said, sternly.

Jimmy approached Calamitous who leaned with one elbow on the table to hold his head up.

Jimmy then threw the table into the right wall, breaking it. With just as much speed, Jimmy took Calamitous by the neck and slammed him into the opposite wall.

"YOU INFECTED THEM!" Jimmy yelled, "MADE ME LOSE MOM, DAD, BETTY, GODDARD...."

He looked at the ground defeated.

"Cindy......" Jimmy sadly sighed.

This wasn't supposed to happen. It was supposed to be the beginning of a breakthrough for a cure for COVID-19. But the newest outbreak caused riots out of hysteria, resulting in Goddard accidentally being destroyed beyond repair, Carl and Sheen to be hospitalized. Sure, Libby was safe, but Cindy was killed by the new virus mutation made by Professor Finbarr Calamitous, alongside with his family.

"You never learned from Yolkus, did you? No wonder no one wants to be your friend!" Calamitous taunted.

Jimmy growled as he raised a fist up to punch the Skull in his face.

"Jimmy, don't!"

Jimmy punched the wall just inches away from Calamitous's face as he smirked, continuing to goad the young hero.

"That's what I think is so fascinating about you, Jimmy." Calamitous laughed, "You're much more gullible than him."

He motioned to Dexter as Jimmy threw the Calamitous into the opposite wall.

"You think you can have a family." Calamitous pointed out, "That locking me up in here will somehow magically reform me. And the people you love will be safe."

He pulled his chair back up and sat back down in it.

"So smart, so naïve." Calamitous laughed, as Jimmy approached him, "Now leave me. I have planning to do to kill even more the next time I break out."