Chapter Fourty-Five

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Standing by and waiting for us. They're letting Mr. O'Brien off first then they'll proceed to release passengers."

"How far are we?"

I could've sworn I saw Brin smile, even if it was only the faintest trace of one. "Not far, Miss Venita. We're nearly there."

I liked how it felt things were flipped. The first time we met, it was him meeting me in an airport in his country while now I get to introduce him to mine.

Brin lifted his sleeve to his mouth, "A go."

I peered over his shoulder, going up on the toes of my matte black docs.

An entire gate was empty, minus a few workers in white and red.

I smiled, knowing that it was his gate.

Within a minute, a tall figure in a navy shirt with a pillow and a duffle bag came out. His hair was flipped up and he was looking around, for me.

As if Brin knew, he moved slightly out of the way, giving me enough space to squeeze through.

Given, I practically ran to Dylan.

Dylan broke out in a grin, dropping his bag with his pillow on top to the floor. He stooped down, wrapping his arms around my waist and lifting me off of the ground.

I buried my face into his shoulder, my arms around his neck. Even when I felt my feet touch the ground again I didn't let go. Before I could say anything, our lips met in a longing sort of way.

"I missed you so much." Dylan said once we'd broken apart, his hands on the side of my face.

"I missed you too." I didn't care about the other gates well aware of our presence, phones snapping pictures.

"I suggest we get you two out of here." Brin said, walking up to us and glancing around.

"Yea, no problem." Dylan picked up his duffle bag, the pillow in the straps so it didn't fall. He used his free hand to take mine, the pair us of practically getting a blockade of body guards.

"How was your flight?" I asked, running my thumb along his hand absently as our fingers were laced together.

"It was good. Movie choices were decent, but it was hard to focus on anything." Dylan replied, ignoring the stares of people around. "Ten hours felt like twenty."

One thing well known is that paparazzi is much less invasive in literally every country but America, but that didn't mean there wasn't any. Not to mention some US reporters were sent here specifically for Dylan's arrival.

"Did you not sleep at all?" I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, my eyes flickering around the airport as we got to a string of desks blocking the way into the country.

Dylan shook his head before he went through an empty immigration line, getting taken through with ease.

"Business or pleasure?"

"Pleasure." Dylan winked at me as I waited next Brin beyond the border patrol.

My cheeks immediately flushed, my attention going to my shoes at I tried to recover. The things he could do to me with just a look were ridiculous.

"Brin, we've got it."

I glanced over my shoulder, another security working with a suitcase in hand like it weighed less than nothing.

"Perfect, cheers." Brin took the case from him, setting it by his feet. He looked down to me, "So, what's got you with an American boy, love?"

I laughed lightly as Dylan got his passport stamped, "Good question."

Dylan got free from his mini interrogation, coming over to Brin and I. "Oh, did you get my bag?" He asked, looking greatful. "Thanks, man."

"We didn't want to hassle with baggage claim." Brin said, "We'll escourt you out to your car."

I took the handle of Dylan's suitcase despite the protests of both men as the rest of the security detail came around us. "It's fine, I can take it."

Dylan took my hand again after shifting his bag over, his passport with a new Heathrow logo in it as he replaced it in the front pocket of his bag. "So, what are we doing first?"

"Driving back to Bury." I lightly grinned, "And you can meet my mum."

"That's, terrifying." He breathed out, smiling with a nervous tick to it. 

"You'll survive." I told him,  checking behind me mistakenly when I heard my name called.

I knew from the flash there would be another picture going on social media, but at least the shoulder of a highly built security man would be in the way of a full photo.

I quickly moved my eyes ahead again, barely seeing the worried look Dylan had when he looked down to me. I tried to move past it, acting as if it hadn't happened as we left the airport through a door not offered to most people.

Yet, there were some still lingering with cameras around their necks, flashes that were unnecessary in the daylight firing off.

"Just remember, Dyl, opposite side of American cars." I said once we got to the car park. I let go of his hand, waving at the security detail as they parted from us. "Thanks, Brin."

"No problem, Genesis." Brin said, mock saluting me as he left with his coworkers.

Dylan lifted an eyebrow at me as we stopped at my mondeo, "Do you know that guy?"

"Used to work with my mum." I told him, opening the boot of my car. I fit his suitcase in, getting his duffle bag and trusty pillow next. When I shut the back, I saw Dylan was looking over my car. "What?"

"Nothing, I just, I don't know." He was smiling a little bit, "This isn't the kind of car I'd expect you to drive."

"To be fair, you didn't know I drove at all until recently."

"Touche." He held out his hand to me,  wiggling his fingers when I didn't take it right away.

I put my hand in his, letting him pull me to him. "I'm glad you're here."

"I'm glad I am too." He softly said, running his thumb along my cheek before leaning down and kissing me. 

I pulled away after a moment, "Are you stalling so you don't have to meet my mum right away?"

"I can't believe you would even assume that." He quickly stole a kiss from me, laughing as my look called out his bullshit. "Okay, maybe a little of that too, but only because your mom intimidates me."

I shoved him playfully, "Just get in the car." I took out my keys, lightly kicking the back of his leg. "Other side, you muppet."

"I see why American cars freak you out." Dylan said, getting in on the side that typically had a steering wheel for him. "This is really strange."

I put the keys into the ignition, bringing my car to life. "I guess this is payback then. Now you get to be the one with a funny accent in a strange country you don't know."

"You bring up a very fair point." Dylan ran a hand through his hair, pulling out his phone from his pocket. "TPose says to tell you hi, by the way." He said, giving a few people messages that he'd made it to the UK safely.

"Tell him I say hi back." I told him, a light smile on my lips as I drove out of the car park in record time for a place like Heathrow. 

It was one thing to give a hello through your boyfriend to their best friend, but it was another when those two people happened to be Dylan O'Brien and Tyler Posey.

The bromance on and off of Teen Wolf.

My life had gotten considerably strange over the past few months, but now I had to bring it back home and see how it fared.

This should be interesting to say the least.