"Axel." I said normally. He lifted his head breifly, making eye contact with me. He then sat up immediatly, leaning close to the bars to see me. His eyes flickered with happiness, with a deeper, sadder emotion behind it. 

He blinked a few times and shook his head, probably trying to make the sleep fade. His slight smile turned into a frown as he stared back at me. Now, Annie had made her way over to him, and handed him a plate. He whispered something to her, and she handed him what looked to be paper and a pencil. In moments he handed it back to her.

Annie ran a hand across her tangled ponytail, unsuccesfully smoothing it. She turned and quickly walked over to me, handing me something through the bars. She then crossed back to her cart, feeding the last two people, and disappearing through the door.

I looked down into my hand. There was a small piece of paper, folded twice. I unfolded it, and read what was written.

I'm not sure if you've heard what he does. The games he plays with his prisoners. The games he plays with mated wolves. I'm worried, for both of us. But I wanted you to know that I'm willing to take the chance, for you. Always.

-Axel

I looked up, confused at what he wrote. I stared over to him, wondering what he meant. I gave him a questioning glance, and he gave me one back. A look that said what don't you get? His eyes widened as he realized something I must not have. 

"You don't feel it?" He whispered, but I could hear it clearly.

"Feel what?" I questioned, and his face broke with my words. His voice was even quieter now, sounding defeated, as if Kek had won some unknown battle.

"We're mates." He murmered. My mouth dropped as I moved closer to the bars. 

"Don't worry." I cried, helpless to make him feel better. "I-" I was cut off by the sound of the heavy metal door opening. A guard stepped into the room and spoke to another. 

"Move these two to the game, and move him" He jerked a thumb to Axel, "Over there to clear space. Direct orders from Kek." The guards nodded and grabbed a crying woman from her cell. A kicking man followed her. I knew where they were headed. It was the latest Mate Wars. They were off to the worst time of their lives, and quite possibly the end.

The guard moved Axel into the now empty cell next to mine, something I was secretly thankful for. The door slammed behind the guard, leaving the room with only guard at the far end of the hall.

"Axel." I whispered. He looked at me, but didn't respond. I figured he must be mad because I couldn't tell we were mates. "Axel please." I let my eyes get misty, something my mated friends told me makes their mates fall to their knees. 

His sad eyes widened, and he murmered sweet things to me that he thought would help me to not cry. "Axel." I said again, and he nodded once. "It's not me. It's the silver. It has already gotten to my wolf, she can't tell." I thought I felt my wolf shift, but I wasn't sure.

"It's not that." Axel said. "It that we met here. I've always wanted a mate, but you and I both know what it means..." He stopped talking, letting me interpret what he meant. I heard his wolf let out a long, loving howl, and I faintly heard my wolf call back.

"I just realized that I don't even know your name" Axel stated.

"Elizabeth Myers." I said, and he smiled.

"Well Elizabeth, we're going to have to make a decision. It's either-"

"You. I chose you. Screw safety, I can't live without you." I interupted.

He gave me the first real smile that I had seen. "I agree." He whispered, his face inches from mine with only the silver bars between us.

"This would be the time any normal mates would kiss." He murmered. "Maybe we can postpone this moment until we're out of here." I nodded once, silently hoping that we would indeed get out of here. 

I slipped my hand between the silver bars, resting mine ontop of his. I felt the mate sparks, and that's when it all became real. I had met my mate. While captured. And we would probably get killed.

Still, the sparks ran up my arm, and I had to think that, I don't really care. I might die here anyways, and it's better to die with your mate. As that dark thought ran through my head, I lied down, keeping my hand exactly where it was, and enjoying Axel why it lasted.

 ~~~~~~

Oh my god! I am so sorry! So, I kept meaning to update, but I felt like the first chapter was just posted; maybe a month ago, but fairly recently. Then I started to write, and I was like WOAH that was five months ago! So anyways, here you go, hope everyone enjoys this chapter. It's slightly longer that the last one, but I will continue to work on making them longer.

Just a note: Any comments on the grammer or spelling WILL HELP ME! Don't be mean if there's a typo, but point it out so I can fix it! THANKS!

Any votes or comments are amazing! Every single one brightens my day!

So please vote and comment!

-WW