I left the room, fuming, so I went to the canteen and had a small salad; I was stress eating. The physios spotted me and wandered over.

"Scott's fine. Luke is fit, but Aaron will have to rest up." They explained.

Great. My best right-back is injured. Brilliant.

"Okay. Thank you for letting me know." I sighed when they left, so they knew I was bothered.

We went off onto the pitch. Kieran McKenna warmed up the lads as Michael Carrick was setting up a few games of rondos. Richard Hartis was warming up Dean and David.

The training went quickly. When walking back to the games room, Scott caught up with me.

"Hey, you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, Scotty. You?"

"I'm good, yeah. That interview was shoddy, why were the media asking about Solksjaer, as if you were the guy?"

"I don't know. Got on my nerves, I did bite back a bit too much. Watch, every single newspaper will be saying I'm a moody woman that's clearly on her time of month!"

"Hopefully they won't be like that. You stood up for yourself; you did the right thing."

"Cheers, Scotty. If they are idiots, I suppose that's the joy of being a woman! Weird creatures, things which most men can't understand. I mean, even Ed was saying sexist comments!"

"Sorry, what?" Scott asked, practically shouting. Everyone went silent, waiting for me to speak up.

"Ed was saying sexist comments...?"

"Why? What was he saying?" Bruno asked.

I sighed. "One of you lot asked me if I could date you, but I explained saying I couldn't as it was a rule. They replied, saying he never told you. I raised this to Ed this morning, so he said 'I only told you because of the way women can act around lots of men'. What he said is sexist as not all women are prostitutes, believe it or not. For example, me. I've only played and focused on football."

Everyone in the room stared at me, and silent murmurs raided my ear.

"Please don't tell Ed that I've told you, given the press conference this morning I'm sure I'm on thin ice."

"We can't stay quiet about this!" Harry Maguire announced.

"I agree! He needs to be exposed!" Dean Henderson spoke.

"Imagine if his wife hears about this! She'll be mad." Marcus Rashford explained.

My phone pinged, and it was from Ed. It read 'See me in my office. Now. We need to discuss some things.'

"Sorry lads, gotta dash. Woodward wants to speak with me." I sped out of the room and practically sprinted to his office. I entered his office and sat down in the chair in front of him.

"Miss y/l/n, I apologise sincerely for my actions this morning. I hope you can forgive me."

"As long as you promise not to say anything which could offend people."

"I promise. Also, don't tell the lads."

"Bit late for that, Ed. I was talking to Scott; when he spoke about the slight sexist actions from the media, it slipped out. All of the boys are outraged."

"y/n! If or when the media find out they will be getting me the sack!"

"Well, that's simple. Think before you speak, then none of this would have happened."

I pushed myself out of the seat then went to my office. I sent a message to Scott saying I was in my room. After a couple of minutes, he entered the room.

"Hey, love, how was Ed?"

"He was a bit of a twat, not gonna lie."

"As per usual. When do you want to get home?"

"Soon. Can you get Bruno and Harry? I need to speak to them about something."

"Yeah, course. When are we going to cuddle? I've missed you."

"Soon. Can you get Harry and Bruno for me?"

"Yeah, see you soon; love."

He left the room and Bruno and Harry came in.

"Hi lads, I just wanted to let you know that you'll be starting against Everton. You'll likely be playing the full game. Please rest up and prepare how you normally would. Thanks for your time."

The two men nodded and showed me a smile, then left the room.

After responding to a couple more emails, I left the room and locked it behind me. I walked down the stairs to the canteen, where Scott was. We went to our cars and left went home.