Don't Call 911

DON'T CALL 911
by alleyorange

911 is a group of responders deal with life-threatening situations and save people in danger while also battling the ups and downs of their personal lives. But how come my father wont allow me to call them if I need help?

He's always telling me not to call them kahit anong mangyari. I find it weird. Simula nong bata ako lagi niyang sinasabi sa akin iyon until now that I’m already 22 years old.

I pouted like a kid when my friend told me na she's already here sa meeting place namin but it seems like she's lying kasi as usual, ako nanaman ang nauna.

After a few minutes Nicole was already here. She's walking like a model kaya napapatingin sa kanya ‘yong mga tao. I rolled my eyes  at sinalubong ko siya. I pulled her hair a little.

“You bitch! Nandito na pala ha! Ha! How dare you para pag-antayin ako?” I said trying not to laugh.

But she just pouted at nagpeace sign sa akin. I  only have four friends and Nicole was one of them. And we're doing our group project. Kaming dalawa ngayon ang nakatoka para sa part na mag-i-interview.

After 6 hours, I bid my goodbye to her and go home to take a rest.

After bathing, I opened my phone. Kumunot ang noo nang makita ang 50 missed calls at lahat iyon ay galing kay Nicole . And the last thing I know. I'm panicking. I don't know what to do. Nicole was devastated because her brother was missing for 12 hours.

And she asked me if I can pull some strings because they're worried about her brother. My father was a police chief in our town. I begged to him to helpmy friend but he told me na wala pang 24 hours na nawawala ang kapatid niya.

I sighed. Mayroon pa.

Nakailang buntong hininga ako habang pilit na dinidial ang 911. I need to this for my friend. I'm really sorry, Dad.

Then, suddenly the operator spoke. “911, what is your emergency?”

“M-My bestfriend's brother was missing for 12 hours now and her family was worried. C-Can you help them?” I asked nervously.

“We got your back! We will do our best. Thank you for calling 911!”

After 15 minutes, Nicole called me. She's literslly crying because of joy— because 911 helped her.

But that's not yet the end of helping my friends and calling 911 to seek help.

It was Bianca, my friend too. She chatted me telling that someone is following her. She's so scared. She didn't know what to do.  So I decided again to call 911 and after 30 minutes, Bianca called telling that she's fine now. And that's because of 911.

After 1 week there's a message that popped up in my chat head. I got confused sa content saying, “Tik Tak Tik Tak” I ignored it and after 5 minutes I received a call from unknown number. Ayaw ko pang sagutin nong una but there's something pushed me to answer it.

“Thank you for calling 911. Hope you like our gift!” It is a he. And he sounds scary. And 911?

I'm about to answer if it was a prank call pero napatalon ako sa gulat dahil may nagdoor bell. Paulit-ulit iyon at parang balak sirain. Lumabas agad ako at luminga-linga nang wala namang tao sa labas. I was to close the gate nang may masagi akong box.

Nang buhatin ko iyon ay tumawag nanaman ‘yong unknown number.

“Please open the box. Enjoy our gift for you.”

Agad akong pumasok sa bahay at binuksan ang box. But when I finally unboxed it I feel numb. Nagtaasan ang balahibo ko. Napatakip ako sa bibig ko at napaupo sa sahig.

It was a head. My father's head. 911 killed my... father.

After my father's burial everything went dark. There's no time na sinisisi ko ang sarili ko habang hawak ang  huling sulat ni Daddy sa akin. That 911, was the reason of my mother's death because my father asked for help also to them. At ang kabayaran ay pagpatay sa mahal mo sa buhay. They have rule, “one help for one beloved”. That's why my father kept telling me not to call them. But I disobeyed him. After my father's death sumunod din patayin si Nicole and Bianca. At wala akong ibang masisi kung hindi ako.

I am responsible for their death.

--------------------