35. Rumor Control

Zacznij od początku

"I'm going to tell Nat what's going on." Cora says, Peter looks at Cora with wide eyes.

"You don't need to do that. I did that when you were knocked out from the battle." Peter says, Cora looks at him and shakes her head.

"Hey Friday, voice call Natasha at headquarters. You may have told her all of that. But, she doesn't know the current events." Cora says and then looks at Peter.

"Voice calling Natasha Romanov at headquarters." Friday says and the line begins to ring. The line rings for two minutes before Friday responds again.

"I'm sorry, Miss Cora. But, Natasha is in a meeting, shall I take a message?" Friday asks, Cora closes her eyes and takes a deep breath as she calms herself.

"Yes, Friday. Take a message." Cora says, and then whistles hers and Natasha's secret distress whistle that lets the other know it's an emergency and they need help.

"Message sent." Friday says, and then goes quiet. Peter just looks at Cora confused and shakes his head.

"You know, when Nat hears that, she's gonna overreact and try to find a way to come here." Peter says as he scoops up his wristband and puts it back on.

"Let her. Then maybe she can knock some sense into Thor." Cora says just as Runa comes rushing into Cora's room.

"Runa, what is it?" Cora asks as her eyes go wide. Runa takes a few deep breaths to calm herself before speaking.

"It's Loki." Runa says, before Runa is finished saying Loki's name, Cora is out of her chair and out the door. Peter and Runa try and keep up with Cora as she rushes down the hall toward the infirmary. Just before she gets there though, she overhears Ruby talking with the others in an empty corridor.

"I don't see why she's getting all the attention, first she goes after Peter and now she's ditching him for Prince Loki. How big of a whore could she be?" Ruby says giggling, Cora's mouth falls open when she hears this and Peter grabs her arm to hold her back, but Cora shakes it off. Rounding the corner of the corridor, Cora walks up near Ruby. Olivia and Andre's eyes both go wide as they see Cora. Ruby notices their change of expression and gives a devious smile before turning around to face Cora.

"If you have something to say, then I suggest you say it to my face." Cora warns as she sizes Ruby up.

"It's obvious as to what's going on. Your trying to advance your skills and powers here, so your going straight to one of the ones that can help you do that. And your doing it all in front of poor innocent Peter, how pathetic and low could you be?" Ruby says as she smiles and looks around at the group behind her, then crosses her arms.

"You need to keep your mouth shut. You don't know anything about what is going on. None of you know what is going on. I suggest all of you keep my name out of your mouths." Cora challenges, Ruby and the others laugh at her, the only ones that stay quiet are Olivia and Andre.

"Your just going to continue to be a whore around here regardless, so why even bother telling us what to do?" Ruby says, before Cora can even think, she raises her hand and slaps Ruby across the face. Everyone around Ruby backs up and looks at Cora with wide terror filled eyes.

"Cora, why are your eyes Red?" Olivia asks as she steps toward Cora ever so slightly. Cora's eyes go wide and she quickly turns and hurries away from the other recruits, and continues toward the infirmary.

Once at the infirmary door, Cora rushes inside and closes the door behind her, completely forgetting about Peter and Runa who were slightly behind her.

"Cora, I need you to calm down before I tell you why you were needed back here so soon." Dagny says as she comes out of the back room.