34. Unlikely Explaination

Start from the beginning

"Why are you telling me this?" Cora asks as she looks up at Queen Frigga. Queen Frigga gives a small smile.

"I was asked to do so, by your father." Queen Frigga says, Cora begins to shake her head from annoyance.

"You mean the same father that had done what Odin asked and forgot about me, up until the day I arrived in Asgard?" Cora asks as she drops the envelope containing the letter and picture on the table. Queen Frigga scoops the envelope up and takes the letter out.

"Give that back! It does not belong to you." Cora says sternly. Queen Frigga only smiles as she watches Cora turn red.

"He never forgot about you. He never could, he merely did that or so it looked like he did that to get out of the dungeon. He never spoke of you around Thor or Odin. He didn't even speak of you around Heimdall. Only to me, did he ask to keep watch over you wherever it was Thor had banished you to." Queen Frigga says, as she reads the last portion of the letter.

"You went against Odin to keep Loki somewhat sane?" Cora asks as her eyes go wide, Queen Frigga gives a smile and slightly nods.

"It kept Loki at bay. However, when he came in contact with the Tesseract, all of his motives changed. Instead of worrying about getting you back, his mind was clouded with darkness and a need for power." Queen Frigga says as her eyes turn wary.

"I remember, I think I was either Six or Seven. Being on the Helicarrier with the Avengers, just after they had caught Loki and put him in a giant glass pod. After I was told to leave the room, I ended up teleporting close to the glass pod, that's when I first saw Loki. He had seen me, but I guess with how clouded his mind was he didn't realize who I was. He had seen my face and I saw his eyes go wide ever so slightly. But, it was only for a second though. It was as though seeing me unclouded his mind for a split second. Once that second was up, his eyes changed back to how they had been; dark and almost evil like." Cora says as she remembers that day from so long ago. She looks out the window of the library and watches the crystal blue sky begin to turn orange and pink.

"You worry for all of them. But, mostly for your father. I assure you, things are going as planned. In fact, accompany me to the Observatory, they should be calling for Heimdall to bring them back any minute now." Queen Frigga says as she stands and begins to walk toward the library entrance.

"Really? But, I thought we weren't supposed to go near the Observatory for any reason." Cora asks as her eyes begin to brighten.

"I can make an exception to the rule. After all being a daughter of Asgard does have its advantages." Queen Frigga says, Cora's eyes go wide with fear as Queen Frigga calls her a 'daughter of Asgard'.

"Can that not be said out loud? I don't need the others to have another reason to want to take a swing at me." Cora asks, Queen Frigga only nods as she turns and exits the library. Cora gets up and levitates the books she has on the table back to their places on the shelf, the only book she keeps with her is the How to Control Fear and Other Things book.

With a quick pace, Cora catches up to Queen Frigga. As they walk, Cora's side begins to hurt a bit. Waving her hand in front of her, Cora changes into a loose fitting dark blue long sleeved turtleneck poncho, with Black fitted faux leather looking skinny pants and Gray colored small heeled boots. Her hair stays in the same style it had been in from earlier in the day.

"Cora, everything alright?" Peter asks as he watches Cora and Queen Frigga walk toward the front entrance of the castle. Cora only nods to Peter as she exits the front of the castle.

"If you do not feel like walking the long way to the Observatory, you can try and use your teleportation power and get us there much quicker." Queen Frigga suggests, Cora looks at her with wide shocked eyes.