33. Meetings and Goodbyes

Start from the beginning

"It cannot be." The woman says and covers her mouth as she walks over to where Davina and Liv stand.

"Grandmother, that's the daughter of Aunt Caitriona and Prince Loki." Davina says, the grandmother looks at Davina and without warning screams and runs toward Cora with her arms held out. Cora doesn't have time to react, by the time she can form a single thought, the grandmother already has her in a tight hold in her arms and is crying with joy.

"How did you? When did you? Is it really you?" The grandmother asks too shocked to form a single question. Cora stays frozen in the grandmothers grip.

"Mother, please. You are scaring her. And you should be in bed, resting." Liv says as she puts Davina down and walks up to her mother. Cora stays still as Liv pries her mother off of her. Once Liv has her mother off of Cora, she walks her back into the house.

"Come on, Cora." Davina says as she walks up to Cora and grabs her hand, then leads her through the backyard and into the house.

Cora's eyes go wide as she enters the house and see's pictures of whom she can only assume was her own mother. Walking over to a small table across from the back door, Cora picks up a picture and stares at it.

"You look so much like her." Cora hears, she looks up from the picture and see's Liv standing in front of a hallway.

"This is the first I've seen a picture of her." Cora says as she places the picture back on the table. She looks away from the picture and looks to Liv.

"So, the Midguardians ended up changing your name, when you were cast out of Asgard." Liv says as she takes a seat at the table in between the kitchen and living room. She gestures for Cora to sit in the chair across from her.

"I guess so. I never knew of the name I was given before I was banished from here." Cora says as she sits in the chair.

"I'll never understand why they chose to cast you out. You should have come to us." Liv says as she shakes her head.

"They did it out of selfish pride, and were afraid of how she would have turned out." Cora's eyes go wide as she looks over and see's Loki standing in the doorway.

"I thought you were staying behind at the castle?" Cora asks and feels Davina come over to her and take her hand.

"Don't worry, Davina. I'm not taking her away, yet. I told you, that first day after the hellacious feast that you needed someone around for when things get bad. Since it seems Thor is still preoccupied with the others, I'm your only other option." Loki says as he keeps his eyes on Cora.

"You mean the same feast where you posed as Lady Sif to mess with me, and where you tried to take it upon yourself to make up for that incident by comforting me after the recruits—." Cora begins to say, but then Loki stops her.

"We don't need to relive the memories, we know what happened, and that is behind us." Loki says as he rolls his eyes and puts his hand up at Cora.

"Is that Loki, that I hear?" Liv's mother asks from her room. Liv rolls her eyes and shakes her head.

"Yes, mother. He came to make sure Ada-I mean Cora was alright." Liv says and Cora looks at her questioningly then turns her gaze to Loki, who has his head bowed and is shaking it. She looks down at Davina and see's Davina's eyes go wide at her mothers correction.

"What was she about to say? Because you two look a bit freaked out by it." Cora asks as she looks back and forth between Loki and Davina.

"It's nothing." Loki tries to brush off the almost slip up.

"She was about to say your birth name." Davina says, Loki and Liv both look at Davina with wide eyes.

"What's so wrong with that?" Cora asks, and pulls Davina into her lap as she looks between Loki and Liv.