Luis Mendoza

Beginne am Anfang

It was slightly complicated, but I didn't see either of us as anything more, it was kind of hard to.

Bolting down the rink, I knew he was on my tail from the sound of his skates cutting the thick ice. I didn't look back once as I rounded the next net and placed a gloved hand to the pole. Swinging myself further, I'd unhooked the net from it's position and moved it slightly. With a giggle, I knew Luis had slowed his quickened pace upon the net's displacement.

"Hey, that's cheating!" He yelled.

"Is not!" I called back, skating off.

Shaking his head, he pushed the net away from his direction and skated off. I could almost hear his breaths as he tried catching up to me. As I skated, all I could think about was the sweet feeling of victory and carrying it below my belt. When I win, I would have the time of my life teasing him for it and boy am I glad to see his reaction.

Approaching the area where we'd first started off, I saw myself reaching the end in no time. I knew I was going to make it with ease, but as I came inches away, I saw someone whip by me. A laughing Luis came rushing by me and within an instant, his hand smacked the back of my shoulder. I barely felt it considering I'm wearing shoulder pads, but I still felt it and watched him pass the invisible finish line.

Slowing, I stopped completely, jaw dropped. "What? How?" I asked, lifting my helmet to the top of my head, looking back to the tipped net and then back to him.

He'd spun around, easing his speed now, and approached me with a shrug. "I'll always be faster than you, Wilson."

I scoffed. "When you're eighty-"

"Don't go there." He laughed, shaking his head. "I'll still beat you."

"My ass could do better." I told him, knowing I could beat him. "One more lap." I pleaded, pulling my gloves off and threw one at him since he was laughing at me. I didn't like when he did that. "Stop that."

"Kinda funny when you're mad, has Kyle ever told you that?"

I shook my head. Kyle was the guy I was sorta seeing, but wasn't at the same time. "Has Piper ever told you you're ugly when you laugh?" I shot back, only wanting to rile him up. Piper being the girl he was sorta seeing.

He inhaled as I leaned back against the boards, watching him pick my hockey gloves up off the ice. "Only you think that." He tossed one at me and I missed it. Lowering, I grabbed it and set it on the tip of the boards.

I raised a brow. "That all you got, Mendoza."

"I got a hell of a lot more, Wilson." He looked me in the eye.

"Don't call me that." He punched his shoulder, hating when they called me by my last name, it was a sport thing for some reason and I was always referred to as Wilson. Probably because my father disliked using my first name when he could just use my last one instead.

"Why?" He got close to me and I looked away with an annoyed eye roll. "What're you gonna do?" He asked me, getting real close to me.

"Get away from me before I-" I attempted to shove him back when his arms grabbed onto me, pulling me into him.

I didn't know what he was doing, but instantly I was spun in front of him as he fell back into the boards. Our eyes locked momentarily and I saw the sparkle dance in his eyes and the white of his teeth as he smiled to me with a smirk. I scoffed, shoving him away from as I wanted to get back to skating, though, he had other plans. Always did.

That smirk pissed me off sometimes.

"Again, what're you gonna do?" He asked me and I looked over to him, a frown displayed across my lips.