Cat Noir

2 Months Later...

     Being akumatized is now normal. In fact, there are like 1-3 akumatizations a week. Hopefully this will make my parents more open minded to letting me go back to school. Homeschool has been awful, I feel like my friends have progressed so much and I'm just being left behind. In fact, I'm sure my parents are loosening up, because they decided to go out to dinner tonight at a fancy Paris Hotel that the mayor owns. Of course, they are making me go with them, because they don't want to leave me home alone. So I'm getting ready. I mean I HAVE to dress up, it's a fancy restaurant.

     It's nice going out. It's like we've all adapted to the fact that there's a supervillain in Paris every week. We're so dependent on Ladybug and Cat Noir, without them it wouldn't be drastic to say a lot of us wouldn't be here right now. But enough negative thinking, if I play my cards right, I might be able to get my parents to agree to let me go back to school!

     While waiting to be seated, I see the mayor's daughter, Chloe Bourgeois. She seems so nice on TV. She's my age too! But apparently she isn't that nice. I used to take skating lessons with Alix, and she said that Chloe is a brat. But who knows. Maybe she's changed.

    "Jean Mark!! Jean Markkkkk? Ugh! Daddy! Where is Jean Mark?" I overheard from down the hallway. Lo and behold, the voice belongs to no other than Chloe. Maybe Alix wasn't wrong about her, I couldn't imagine having to hear her voice all day. Our table is ready, so I couldn't eavesdrop anything else. I have to focus. What I say at this dinner could make or break my entire future (not really but still!). Everyone seated around us looked so well dressed and fancy, I almost felt underdressed in my slip dress.

     "You look great honey." My dad said to my mom, placing a kiss on her forehead. She giggled. I gagged. Gross. Can they do that like, not, infront of me? I interrupted them by talking about how beautiful today was. They agreed with me, slightly suspicious. Boom, now's my chance.

     "You guys feel safe enough to have dinner in a fancy restaurant, full of people who could be akumatized. You trust the superheroes now. Would you try to be able to trust them to protect me at school? Please? I know that you guys are only looking out for me, but you can't truly do that without any feedback from me." I asked, buttering them up.

     "It's a proposition we will surely have to discuss, right honey?" My mom glanced at my dad as they both nodded. Yes! Is this actually happening? I can go back to school! My celebration was cut short by an alert that came on my phone. It read: "There is an akuma victim less than 30 feet away from you. Leave the premises now!" Instantly, people started panicking, silverware and wine glasses shaking. Police were already on scene ushering us out. I got mixed into the crowd, reaching for my phone to call my parents, it hit me. I had left my phone on the table. Pushing against the crowd, I sprinted back to the table. As I turned to leave, a voice spoke, "By the power invested in me, I order you to-" I turned around and bang. Through the window came Cat Noir. He blocked the light sphere headed right towards me.

     "Hey, Mayor Bourgeois, what makes you think you can order around girls like your their master?" Cat Noir teased, twirling around his stick as a shield.

     "I won't just be ordering around girls, I will order around everyone once you give me your Miraculous!" The villain responded. Omg. I am right in the line of fire. This is what my parents were talking about. Is this it? Just then, a trace of a moth appeared over the villains face, and the villain just....left. What the heck? He totally could've caused chaos but he just left. 

     "Well that was odd, are you ok?" Cat Noir asked, with his hand outstretched in front of me.

     "I'm as fine as I can be. But my parents I.... they must be worried about me." I told him. 

     "Well then let's take you home. Take my hand and hold on tight, alright?" I took his hand and he picked me up as if I weighed nothing. Then he stretched out his stick and we shot up in the air. He started running on top of roofs, with me still in his arms. Wow, he is strong. We arrived at my house, and then I thanked him. But wait, something's off here. How did he know where I lived? 

     "Cat Noir!" I called out, caused him to freeze and turn around. "How did you know where I lived?"

     He smirked, then replied, "A cat has many secrets." And just like that, he left. What the heck. How does he know? Has he been stalking me? Is he a creep? Has a villain been in my house before and I just didn't know? All these questions were rushing through my head when I heard my name being called sharply.

     "Oh please don't tell me she got taken by the person who got akumatized! This has never happened before. And to think we were talking about letting her go back to school!" 

     "Wait what?!" I cried, running down the stairs. My parents ran over to me and hugged me, squeezing a little too tightly.

     "Where were you? We thought we lost you!" My mom pulled back, waiting for a response.

     "Well, um.....to make a long story short, Cat Noir saved me." I answered hesitantly.

     "Oh goodness. You were right there in front of the akuma victim. Are you ok? Do you need water? Air? Another hug?" My dad inquired.

     "No, no. I swear I'm good. And that's exactly why you should let me go back to school! You should now completely trust Cat Noir and-" My parents frowned and in unison said, "No." I was this close, I cannot give up now. 

     "But please! You guys were about to say yes! What made you change your mind now?!" I exclaimed, searching for a glimmer of hope.

     "I can't believe you're even asking. You were IN THE LINE OF FIRE. You could've gotten seriously injured or taken over by the akuma victim. We're not letting that happen again. No and no is final." My mom said sternly.

     "Omg you guys never listen to me. It's like talking to a brick wall!" I cried. I rushed upstairs to my room and slammed my door. Maybe that was a little too much, but I didn't care. I was angry. My parents were THIS close and now after I'm completely fine they still decide not to let me go to school? That's bull. I shut my wet eyes, tear after tear streaming down my face. The next moment was a blur. I got akumatized.