A disater-versary

Ashley's pov
Today is the one year anniversary since Jace asked me to be his girlfriend! I had the best surprise planned. I paid the local park to close off the most beautiful part of the park and I packed a huge picnic that me and Jace would share under the moonlight. I had the whole place decorated with lights and candles and it would be perfect. I walked downstairs. No one was in the living room. I walked into the kitchen. I was amazed. The entire kitchen was flooded with sunlight, and all kinds of beautiful flowers were all around the kitchen. Jace stood in front of the table with a bouquet of roses. "Happy anniversary Ashley!" Jace said. He stepped away from the table and I saw a huge breakfast waiting for me. Jamie walked into the kitchen and put some maple syrup on the table. "Happy anniversary you two!" She said excitedly. "You knew about this too?" I said. "Well duh! There's no way Jace could do all this by himself!" Jace laughed and agreed. He handed me the bouquet and I kissed him. "Thank you Jace. This is very creative." I said. "Well what do you say we dig in?!" Jamie said and we all sat down and stuffed our faces. When we were done we started cleaning up. "So do want to tell me what it is that you have planned for tonight? Since you insisted I didn't do anything." Jace said and I smiled. "Nope! It's still a surprise!" I said. "Trust me, you'll like it." Jamie said. I had told her and she helped me put it together. "You know what it is?" Jace asked Jamie. "Yup! But don't think that you can drag it out of me! I'm under oath to keep quiet and nothing will make me talk!" Jamie said. Jace gave in and stopped asking. "Oh no! I'm going to be late for work!" I said and ran and got ready. I had to get to the recording studio to work on my almost finished album. But I told Jace to meet me outside the park at 6:00. I left and went to the studio. I've been so busy lately that I haven't gotten to spend much time with Jace, but tonight would make up for all of that. I worked hard all day without a break. I finished and it was 4:00. Extra time to get ready! I started to leave. "Wait! Ashley come back! We have to record again! Someone spilled a smoothie on your track and ruined it!" I wanted to slap someone. But I had time so I went back. We recorded again. I didn't think that it actually took that long. I was wrong. I got my phone and checked the time. "7:00! Oh no Jace!" I yelled and ran to the park. I saw Jace sitting there looking annoyed. "Jace! I'm so sorry! The studio messed up and-" he cut me off. "Save it Ashley! It's always one excuse or another with you! Do you even care about our relationship anymore? Or do you not have time for that anymore either?" He steamed. "Jace I'm sorry! I'll make it up to you! It's just that it's been hard to balance my career and my life together." "Well then maybe you can't handle both. Maybe it's time to decide which is more important to you." He said coldly. "Are you asking me to chose between you and my career?" I asked. "Yeah I guess I am. When you make up your mind, you know where to find me." With that, he turned and left. I can't lose him again! I ran into the park and grabbed the picnic and the candles. I know what I have to do. I called Jamie.
Convo
J Ashley what did you do
A is Jace there
J yeah and he's pissed
A get him into his room and lock him in
J what?!
A just trust me
J this better be worth it
A thank you your awesome!
J yeah yeah
End of convo
I grabbed everything and ran home. Jamie had succeeded in locking in Jace. I could hear him banging on his door. "Would you like to tell me why I just locked your boyfriend in his room?" Jamie said when I walked through the he door. "You'll see. But now you have to help me set this up." I told her the plan and she agreed. We moved alm the furniture out of the way. We set up the candles and lit them in the living room. We laid out the food on a big blanket on the floor. I went up and changed into my dress and did my makeup. I came downstairs and sat in the blanket and told Jamie to let Jace out and to make him come downstairs. She did and I heard him yell at her than storm downstairs. When he saw me he stopped dead in his tracks. "I choose you Jace. I'm sorry." I said. He sat next to me. "I'll quit. I'll ditch my music career. I'll stop acting. I just don't want to lose you. And your right, all my time has been taken up by this and I just gave you a bunch of excuses, but this time no more excuses. I'm really sorry and from now on your all that matters." He rolled his eyes and smiled. "Ashley, your not quitting anything. I know that your career is important to you and I'm not going to be selfish and take that away from you. I over reacted. I understand that your busy and I have to get used to that. I was just angry and I'm sorry." I smiled. "It's okay. We both screwed up, but from now on I promise that I won't let my jobs take up all of my time. Now are we going to stare at this food all night, or are we going to chow down." He laughed. "It looks great. Thank you." We kissed and then we started eating. We watched some tv and talked for hours. Eventually Jace turned k me. "I meant to give this to you earlier, but I guess now will work too." He pulled out yet another box. It contained a little purple music note charm. "I'm going to need another chain soon!" I put it on. This was better than the park. This was perfect. I hope that we never have to be apart.